Do I have to register?

TDIDarryl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I have to work for the TDIFest weekend (I work in Toronto) but I'd still like to attend on Sunday to meet some people and learn about my car. Do I have to register if I want to show up Sunday around 3pm after work for a few hours? I will not be staying for dinner on Sunday because I have to work very early Monday morning.

Thanks,

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
This is a question that has been asked before and I have always responded as follows: TDI Club was formed to share information about TDIs and help one another out as much as possible.
With that said, there is also a question of fairness to other club members. Everyone that is attending will have registered previously and paid, at a minimum, the $35 registration fee. I would expect that anyone who will be joining us to register or pay on site as you would for any other car show (like The Great Canadian Bug Show). The $35 dollars goes towards paying for the venues for TDI Fest. The fee is necessary because we are a no-fee car club which means that we do not have a "pot" to pull money from for hall rentals etc. for TDI Fest.
You can look at it this way - $35 will get you half an hour at a dealership (if even that much time) whereas $35 for TDI Fest will get you several hours with some very knowledgeable TDI folks and you'll get to meet some genuinely nice people too.

I hope that we'll get to see you at TDI Fest 2003 - I know you'll have a great time!

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
You can look for the guy with a crazed look in his eyes from all this coordinating! Just kidding!
I'll set up a registration table near the vendors on Sunday. If you can make it to the brunch (it'll be very worth while) there'll be a registration table at the door. The brunch and talks are from 8:30-11:30 with food being available until about 10:00.
I look forward to seeing you there!

DzlEnthusiast

TDI
95 Mercury Sable Station Wagon
The same applies for me. I'd like to attend the rally and the tech session. When should I pay? When I get to drivers meet or something?

Cheers

Dzl

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
If you do not have paypal then you can pay "at the door". A prerequisite to participating in the rally (or any other event for that matter) is you must have at least registered. So, please register and pay at the door if you don't have paypal that way we will have a package for you.