The passing of EuroCar owner in West Grove, PA

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
Sad news to report about the passing of Joe Wotypka, the owner/operator of EuroCar in West Grove, PA in SE PA. Joe loved diesels and he took care of my TDI with good prices and good work. He had a steady business of VW, BMW, and Mercedes but he loved VWs and TDIs. His health had declined in recent years so it was not a total shock but a great loss at the age of 50. His wife has not yet decided what will become of the business.

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
Thanks for the post Brent.
I had seen him within the last two months for something. He was always very helpful, and always had time for me. I know he was training a girl to work in the shop this past summer. His wife looked like she may have been battling an illness earlier in the year.

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
Thanks for the post Brent.
I had seen him within the last two months for something. He was always very helpful, and always had time for me. I know he was training a girl to work in the shop this past summer. His wife looked like she may have been battling an illness earlier in the year.
His wife has just gone into remission from cancer and is doing well. His death was quite sudden. Lori tells me she will be closing the business and liquidating the shop equipment. The lift is already sold.

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
He told me that for the Passat TCM module he made an adapter several feet long from an old harness to relocate it under the dash, from the floor. Thought that was cool.