need some help tracking down oddball parts.

Van Wylder

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta sedan 5 spd. 03 Jetta wagon 5 spd.
Looking for some older parts. I have a 2000 Jetta (TDI). Just swapped out turbos, and I stayed stock with the VNT 15 (thanks Andy). While doing the swap, a few surprises awaited. First, the bolt that goes into the block (the bottom one) on the turbo support bracket. There wasn't one. I'm guessing its no more than 1.5" long, because I had a 3" bolt from IDparts' bracket kit, and it was too long.

Any ideas where to find the bolt? Can I get away with a hardware store replacement?

The lower intercooler that runs to the bottom of the turbo has some plastic studs and I assume, a plastic nut that holds the intercooler to the body. The stud was still there, the plastic bolt, gone.

Any ideas on the plastic nuts? Idparts doesn't have em, neither does Dennis (metalman)... My last resort is hitting up the dealer.

Trey

Van Wylder

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta sedan 5 spd. 03 Jetta wagon 5 spd.
I ended up scavenging off one of the many Volvos on the hill, and out of the misc. bolt stash. Shoulda thought about that the night of.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
Since these are metric bolts, you may be able to get from hardware store. The bold comes in different strength, such as M-10 or M-12 as well as thread pitch. Alternatively, you may cut the bolt that you have and use that. Finally, the dealer parts deparatment should be able to locate the part number for the bolt and you may then order the bolt.