I Hate Chrome!

Mike02z

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL, 2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've never been a fan of chrome or any silver bright work. I have de-chromed a few cars. After picking up my new 2015 TDi I knew the chrome would have to go. I finally completed the transformation over the weekend. It certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea but I'm happy with the results.

The car had the front end wrapped in PPF, 20% tint, MB 17" wheels, 15% tint on taillights, Vinyl wrapped all bright work in black vinyl including the center caps. Car had CQuartz ceramic applied as well. The only thing left is to swap out the chrome lugs. The black ones will be here by the end of the week.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Right forum. It's a mk6 NCS. I like the blacked out look, but it needs some color/flash somewhere to set it off, imo.

Mike02z

TDI
^^Thank you. I guess it should have been in the photo section after I saw that section :)

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Nice job, but I am product of the 1960's......to me it looks like a big black jelly bean (LOL).

I fully understand looks are subjective and we all are different. But nice work! :cool:

Mike02z

TDI
Nice job, but I am product of the 1960's......to me it looks like a big black jelly bean (LOL).
I fully understand looks are subjective and we all are different. But nice work! :cool:
LOL! I like that big black jelly bean name :)

You're absolutely correct. Cosmetic mods are very subjective . I expect to get both good and not so good feedback. I always find it funny when folks post outrageous cosmetic mods then get all bu*t hurt when someone says "Not my cup of tea".

TDI
2015 VW Jetta TDI
I like it. I'm not a fan of chrome either, even though VW does it very tastefully. Trying to plan out how I plan to delete it on my SEL...

Did your front emblem originally have a clear cover over it? My car has all the traffic assist stuff on it, which may limit some of my options...

Mike02z

TDI
No my front emblem had no clear cover on it. Mine is an SEL but does not have all the traffic assist stuff.