What oil to refill 6MT in 2010 VW Golf TDI

ExtremeMachine476

TDI
2010 Volkswagen Golf
Hey guys,

Looking to change oil in my 6 speed manual transmission. I know the manual states that no service is required, but i'm doing it anyways. I'm planning on running the off the shelf OEM fluid from the dealer. Is there any oil superior to the OEM, that you have tried and yielded good results? Where I live we can see varying temps from -20 degrees celsius to hot humid days in the summer.

Thanks
Nick M

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
I would go with whatever OEM is... no need to reinvent the wheel. VW typically uses high quality lubricants.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
MAYbe think about it at 150,000km, but to change the oil now is - quite frankly - a waste of time and money.

T_D_I_POWER

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 VW PASSAT GLS TDI '06 Audi A4 q Avant 6-Spd Sport Pkg
Hey guys,

....... I'm planning on running the off the shelf OEM fluid from the dealer. Thanks
Nick M
Off the shelf fluid from the dealer is called the OE fluid Part Number: G052171A2
Any off the shelf parts from the dealer are OE Parts.

OEM motor & transmission fluid would be Pennzoil, Mobil 1, Castrol, Motul, Penntosin etc.

:)

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Off the shelf fluid from the dealer is called the OE fluid Part Number: G052171A2
Any off the shelf parts from the dealer are OE Parts.

OEM motor & transmission fluid would be Pennzoil, Mobil 1, Castrol, Motul, Penntosin etc.

:)
You sure about this? I thought the new OEM fluid was G70 and G52 has been superseded.

CalAltaDubber

TDI
2012 Golf Wagen
You can't go wrong with off the shelf oil the OEM uses.

If you have the VW spec for the oil, you can safely use any oil that meets that spec.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
You sure about this? I thought the new OEM fluid was G70 and G52 has been superseded.
For the 5 speed yes. Not for the 6-speed. G052171A2 is the correct fluid. Takes 3 liters. Quite a bit more expensive than the G070, too. I wouldn't change it until 160K kilometers.

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Hello Extreme,
Glad the information helped! Please let us know your results and experiences with the oil change, as well as the parts and oil you used.
All the best,