New 2012 Optima Red Passat on its way!

Nativefx

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
New 2012 Opera Red Passat on its way!

Well Chris Farnham is working on getting my new 2012 Opera Red SE manual TDI loaded onto a truck at the dealership and headed out to me here in Oregon! I'm excited that its already delivered at the dealership, but sad that it will take a couple of weeks before I'm able to pick it up here in Oregon.
Unfortunately at this point it says I "May Not" post attachments? Hmm, how do we change that so I can post pics?
Either way I'm EXCITED as this is my first TDI and I only wish I lived closer to Philly so I could have went and picked it up and thanked Chris personally!:D

Last edited:

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Congratulations! Chris is a great guy to work with.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Hey! OP! Save the trucking fee and have me drive your car to you...hmmm...2800miles, 45mpg...62gal...$4/gal = $248.

How much is the trucking fee? I promise...I'll be gentle...well, not really...I'll be using Drivbiwire's break-in procedure...never mind, there went the 45mpg!

Congratulations. Trucking it coast-to-coast? Sounds crazy to me, but hey, I already have one, and it's worth all sort of crazy machinations to get one!

Nativefx

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
Yeah Chris is definately a great guy to work with! He took care of everything and found me exactly what I was looking for! I was fortunate that he was able to do this as it saved me from having to place an order with VW and waiting 3-4 months minimum. Not only that, but even the dealers here in Oregon were expecting me to pay up to $4k over MSRP as this car is "in very high demand"! So they figured they could rob you. Thankfully I've been lurking on this forum long enough I knew about the deals Chris made and figured even with shipping I'm paying just over MSRP.:D

Believe me Tdiatlast, if I could save on shipping my car back I would have gone for another option! Maybe even if it was spring or summer time I would have flown back and drove home, although I just drove to PHX and back about 3 weeks ago!:eek:

Anyway, I'm really excited and can't wait for it to arrive!:D

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Yeah Chris is definately a great guy to work with! He took care of everything and found me exactly what I was looking for! I was fortunate that he was able to do this as it saved me from having to place an order with VW and waiting 3-4 months minimum. Not only that, but even the dealers here in Oregon were expecting me to pay up to $4k over MSRP as this car is "in very high demand"! So they figured they could rob you. Thankfully I've been lurking on this forum long enough I knew about the deals Chris made and figured even with shipping I'm paying just over MSRP.:D

Believe me Tdiatlast, if I could save on shipping my car back I would have gone for another option! Maybe even if it was spring or summer time I would have flown back and drove home, although I just drove to PHX and back about 3 weeks ago!:eek:

Anyway, I'm really excited and can't wait for it to arrive!:D
Not in Washington. $1000 UNDER MSRP.

Sure an SE was available. Try getting the Opera Red TDI SEL though. :)

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Well Chris Farnham is working on getting my new 2012 Opera Red SE manual TDI loaded onto a truck at the dealership and headed out to me here in Oregon!
that's only the second Opera Red TDI SE stick that I have ever heard of....

....the other one is mine.

:D

Nativefx

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
Yep the Opera Red TDI manual was difinately the requirement, and finding a manual anywhere was looking pretty bleak, so getting exactly what I wanted at $1000+ under MSRP, gave me the option of ordering through Chris and having it shipped back across the US while still only forking out close to MSRP! Worth it to get what I wanted an not have to settle.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Yep the Opera Red TDI manual was difinately the requirement, and finding a manual anywhere was looking pretty bleak, so getting exactly what I wanted at $1000+ under MSRP, gave me the option of ordering through Chris and having it shipped back across the US while still only forking out close to MSRP! Worth it to get what I wanted an not have to settle.
Really? Waiting and saving $1000 was not an option?

Nativefx

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
Really? Waiting and saving $1000 was not an option?
Not when you consider I drive more than 600 miles a week, and am only getting about 18mpg with my other two vehicles. So getting it sooner and hopefully getting close to 48-50mpg with the passat will make up for it. :D

Not only that, but i can consider it a late xmas present to myself!

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Yeah...all you guys are just pouting because big bad VWoA is proving to be a miserable Santa Claus!

I'll say again...I'm truly sorry for you. Waiting must be almost unbearable...but...it will be worth the wait...

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
What's unbearable is Passat TDI owners raving how much they love their new baby. Sort of wears at our attempts at patience. :D Seems VW has a big hit on it hands.