Polar FIS PF04, updated hardware

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
Any clue when it will be available? I want one to replace the scanfauge in my 15 Passat but all Kerma lists is the PF03.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
what you see is what i got.

link says, "in the next few weeks"

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks. At this point I guess it makes sense to wait.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
link says, "in the next few weeks"
Which is what they said back in '16 when I purchased the PF03 that was going to work on MQB vehicles. I really like the idea of the product, and will likely purchase it if it becomes available, but I'm not expecting it anytime soon unfortunately.

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
Please excuse my absolute ignorance about the codes and letters, but would the PF03 offer any advantages on a 15 Passat? I just assumed newer, smaller, and faster equaled better.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
PF03 will not work on MQB vehicles. They were working on that since 9/16 but have decided on a newer hardware version as mentioned in the OP.

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
I don’t understand what MQB means. Just trying to figure out which would be better for my 15 Passat. The PF03 or PF04. Using a scangauge now but ready to move on.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Your Passat is an MQB platform vehicle along with the '15 Golfs and GSWs. You'll need the PF04 when it becomes available.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
I think that site may have jumped the gun, their pictures still show the PF03 and no MQB vehicles listed as compatible. I'd be shocked if Auto-Polar are able to stay true to the statement of having it available in the "next weeks".

tdi_4_ever

TDI
2010 TDI Sedan
from auto-polar.com
"PF04 – PolarFIS MK5/6/8P (new hardware revision)
We are happy to announce a new hardware revision of our current product PolarFIS Advanced [PF03]. The new product name will be PolarFIS MK5/6/8P [PF04]."

Meaning new version of PF03 now called PolarFIS MK5/6/8P [PF04], but still for the same cars.

"This new revision contains some important improvements and fixments for continue giving long support to this product, and will be used as “base” for the new PolarFIS MQB that will be released in the next weeks."
Meaning PolarFIS for MQB cars is an entirely new product that will be out in the next few weeks. And is based on the new hardware they have come up with.

So you're right in that there is no PolarFIS for MQB at the moment but there is a new revision (PF04 replacing PF03) currently available to order for the MK5 etc. vehicles.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
just got notification that one has shipped to us for testing.

Soon as I get it, in the GSW it goes. fingers crossed.

I will keep everyone posted.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Which one would be better for my 14 Passat TDI with the CKRA?

PF03 or PF04?

I tried checking compatible vehicles on their websire, and they say to look at the 7th and 8th digits of the VIN (1VWCN7A35DCxxxxxx) but I dont see A3 on their compatibility list.

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Which one would be better for my 14 Passat TDI with the CKRA?

PF03 or PF04?

I tried checking compatible vehicles on their website, and they say to look at the 7th and 8th digits of the VIN (1VWCN7A35DCxxxxxx) but I dont see A3 on their compatibility list.
Has your '14 Passat had the "fix" done? I ask because one (or more) member here had the fix done and their Polar FIS+ did not work anymore. Polar will have to release new firmware to cover the new ECU software versions in ECUs that have been updated. If the Polar unit doesn't recognize your ECU software version - it does not know what it can do or how to do it.
I am pretty sure that the PF03 would physically fit in your car (the CAN gateway is in the right place), but that doesn't mean that it will work. If you send an autoscan to Polar, they might be able to tell you if your car and ECU version will work.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. If you learn that a PF03 will work, call me (I have one).

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
It has had the fix, but I would be interested in plugging it in and seeing if it works. If it does, I'll buy it.

Edit: There is an update from Auto-Polar v0.5.4 that says it includes "Updated engine ecu database with new dieselgate ecus."

Edit2: But then again there are people saying their car still isnt supported with 5.4. And there is a guy with Beta 5.5 saying his now works.

So it seems to be coming...

Still interested. Maybe I can update it to the Beta 5.5

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
KERMA,

Can you let me know if a 2015 Beetle TDI is included in support for this Vehicle? CVCA IIRC. New left over Beetle. Thanks in advance!

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ok...

So I can confirme that the Beta 5.5 update does work on post fix Passats. I have a 2014 with the CKRA engine that has been "fixed" before I bought it...

I bought Dons (JSWTDI09) PF03 and he was kind enough to update it to the beta 5.5 before I picked it up based on something I read about Beta 5.5 working on post fix cars...

So that's the good news...

The bad news is that coming home from the Nascar race, my glow plug light started flashing. But I'll start a thread in the Passat forum so as not to clog up this thread with unrelated info.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
did they change where this plugs in to the system?

do you have a list of supported engines?

and what are your plans to sell these?

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
did the change where this plugs in to the system?
According to what I was told, they had no choice in this one. The PF03 plugged into the CAN gateway above the brake pedal. I have been told that the MQB vehicles have the CAN gateway integrated into the instrument panel. Therefore Auto-Polar will have to figure out another way to plug their box into the car's network. I do not know what they have chosen as an alternative. I'm sure that Kerma will let us know.

Have Fun!

Don

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Thanks. I just ordered one with the note that you'll know if it works on my 2015 GSW. SOOOO hoping it does.