View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2011, 19:23   #1691
Birdman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 summer 50 winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksing44 View Post
If 90% really are from using gasoline, then the failure rate might be 0.01%, or 1/10,000 for folks that are sure to only use diesel. I'm just doing some wishful thinking with this, not trying to be a jerk.

I do wish I had a car with the November 2010 upgraded pump. I guess my car only has 2 of the updates. It would be nice to know what they did to improve the pump. Honestly, I wish they would just come up with something to prevent the debris from contaminating the fuel system. Then it would just be a new pump for a few hundred bucks, not really a big deal at all.
Since most truck haul all types of fuel in the same tanks it is highly possible for fuel to be contaminated when filling the trucks with fuel. Until tankers start hauling only diesel or gas or whatever there will be cross contamination.
2003 Jetta 216 injectors, race pipe, OMI, 2.5 cat back pipe, Sachs power clutch,Lightweight fly wheel,Rocketchip 3.0,Dieselgeek race pipe,Borla SS exhaust,Dieselgeek Intercooler pipes,Pierburg MAF,EU cluster with LED Boost gauge,,
Ventectomy,Alientech window,Old Navy ccv filter,Catch can,Dieselgeek short shifter,ATE power slot rotors,Porterfield pads,Shine suspension,Shine rear sway bar,TT pedals & foot rest,Cat fuel filter 2 micron,Alum skid plate,Euro headlights and switch,5 Brake light mod.
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06385 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.13 Kb. compressed to 14.58 Kb. by saving 1.55 Kb. (9.60%)]