07 Feb 09 Langley GTG

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Let's start it around 11

If your on the list and bringing something else let me know, just kinda assumed :)

1. doc_m (eric) bbq and Coffee
2. doc_m(eric) Burgers, buns and ice
3. evonelly (neil) cinammon buns
4.icecap (Frank) beer and snacks
5. NJ home brew and misc breads.

Looks like we will be able to have some nozzles available thanks to Mark Malone at Diesel Inside (quadcomm)

FYI i can get oil, fuel, air and cabin filter set for $65 .Let me know and i can point ya in the right direction. Paul can be reached at (604) 532-7939

Skid plates
1. Eric A5 Jetta sedan
2. Brian A5 JSW
3. John Fong A4 Jetta Sedan
4. Anteka A4 jetta auto

Last edited:

N_J

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2002 Golf 5 speed TDI Indigo Blue Pearl
Mark, you gonna be at this one?

Put me in the list for a spin in your new ride eric. I was too dirty to go in such a clean car this time.

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey Guy's i will try and make as like i stated on last GTG thread,that we will be coming back from vacation around that time and nothing is planed nore any time is set when we are going or coming back.

But i do hope that Eric wil perform a Sun dance a day or so before the GTG as last one was a bit rainy and cold. Hope to see ja all there.

Turbine

TDI
2000 Golf
Away...again. This time on vacation with the GF in Tofino. I need to get that plate and other goodies installed! Eric...passed my written on Saturday and first day in the sim today! It was great! Take Care, tty when I'm back!

dave127

TDI
2004 jetta
My front brakes need to be done, im not good at workin with cars and i wanna get them done ?

last time the dealership checked it was in december and they said i was at the 20-30 % range

I got an 04 tdi

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Unless you're planning on doing the job yourself, you'd probably be best to check a couple of shops around and get some quotes. I doubt anyone at the GTG is going to do your brakes for you, although it's possible that someone may be able to walk your through parts of it if you decide to try and tackle the job.
Also, FYI, when the brake pads are that low, it usually means the rotors are going to end up being worn and since they can't really be machined, you may want to replace those at the same time as the pads.
I had my front and rear brakes done recently at JS Performance in Abbotsford for a good price, and I believe they've got some kind of special on right now. There are also a couple of other shops around that do pretty good work depending on where in town you are. Check out Dubberz which is a local VW website and you can find a few threads on local shop recommendations.

dave127

TDI
2004 jetta
yea man im just concerned about getting it done elsewhere and not paying the rediculous price of the dealership

dave127

TDI
2004 jetta
what a joke

i called the vw dealership

they told me $530 for rotors and my front brakes!

that js performance place will do it for $300

Would i be welcome to come check out the meeting, i def need some better info on how to take care of this damn car

i bought it used at 56 000 km from the dealership, im now at 92 k , 2 years later

the 2 year warranty runs out at the end of march and i definitley think a few things are up in the way it drives that show somethings gonna break or im just paranoid and i feel the dealership is tryin to hold out on me until the warranty is out

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Anyone is welcome to come out to a TDI GTG .. as long as you drive a TDI! ;)

And as for the dealership trying to screw you ... well ... :rolleyes:

TDIBri

Veteran Member
FINALLY - its here!!!

Hey Vancouver Regulars!

My JSW TDI has finally come in and its time to part with my beloved Golf... If anyone knows of any interest in my well cared for (and slightly improved upon) 99.5 Golf TDI - by all counts one of the TDIClub Vancouver originals - check it out:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2427856

If all goes well, I should be able to make it out to the next GTG in my new wheels! Hope to see ya soon!

- Brian

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I'd love to come up but I'm scheduled to possibly work that weekend. Bummer... Vancouver has a lot of enthusiasts that I'd like too meet sometime.

anteka

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI - Auto
Adgenda

What's the Adgenda at these GTG's?

Or it's time to just hang?

I'm thinking of going if the weather is like today :cool:

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
we hang out, some do work, others like to chat :)

FYI seeing if there is enough interest for evolution imports skid plates I know there is 2 confirmed purchases so far see if we can get enough interest to get Neil to swing by and also do some better pricing :)

anteka

TDI
You know, my plastic skid plate just bit the dust this winter. I need some protection!:eek:

How do I get pricing on one?:)

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
I will come to the GTG if there is enough people that want skid plates, filter kits, oil from Total, brake pads/rotors ect. I will have really good pricing in CDN but will only be able to take cash, no credit cards. Lets start a list and tell me what you want to get.

Cheers.:)

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
ok thought there was some sort of interest for skidplates.... is there not now?

EVONELLY

TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
Hey guys.

Unfortunately I won't be able to come to the GTG if only one person wants a skid plate. At $90 each way on the ferry and 1-2 nights on the Mainland, it won't be very feasible for us.

We are going to need at least 5 to be ordered for us to make it to this GTG and offer any group discount. In order for me to have the time to make plans and arangements to come over, I'm going to need peoples confirmations by 7PM tomorow.

I hope everyone understands.

Cheers.:)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
-- TDIBri --
Now: 2009 JSW TDI Highline 6MT - Black/Beige: Very nice but still needs some tweaks to be perfect! ;)

Gone to a new home: 99.5 Golf GL TDI - Indigo/Tan: PP520, Eibach/H&R & a few other fun widgets... good memories!
Well well well, seems as though someone bought themselves a new car! :cool: Been a while since we've seen you around, Brian. I'm kinda surprised you sold the Golf but good choice on the new vehicle!!:D

TDIBri

Veteran Member
Ed's TDI said:
Well well well, seems as though someone bought themselves a new car! :cool: Been a while since we've seen you around, Brian. I'm kinda surprised you sold the Golf but good choice on the new vehicle!!:D
I will admit it was hard to see the ol' Golf drive off... lots of sweat, blood and good memories in nearly 10 years with that car! She's gone to a good new home and I'm happy the new owner sounds to have great plans for it.

The new car certainly has a lot of redeeming properties, though! After 6 months waiting (and a bunch of haggling at the end) it got to feel like a bit of an "arranged marriage" - the Golf was much more impulsive taking delivery! The new car & I need to get to know each other - It will just take some time for it to hold the same place in my heart...

I'm such a sap - It's just a car, right? :p

anasopia

Veteran Member
TDI
02 .:R-TDI
Planning on coming out, looking for rear pads and possibly rotors, what are my options for rear brake calipers? might even do all corners at once...?
also looking for additive.

TDI
Mulligan - 2002 VW Golf tdi
Looks like I am going to be there after all, probably around noon or so.

Last edited:

EVONELLY

TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
What year and model is your car?

anasopia said:
Planning on coming out, looking for rear pads and possibly rotors, what are my options for rear brake calipers? might even do all corners at once...?
also looking for additive.

anteka

TDI
I would like to get a Skid Plate for a 2000 Jetta TDI Auto.

Since my plastic one broke off this winter.

What would the cost be in CND Cash?

series1000

TDI
01 Golf TDI
I'll be comming out this sat for once, but later as I'm in new west till 11. i will be bringin one friend and 2 cases of pop.