Panoramic Sunroof Alignment

Yamasaki

TDI
'12 Golf TDI
I'm pretty sure that my panoramic sunroof is not in the fully closed position and needs to be adjusted. This is on a '12 Sportwagen. .

The front edge of the sunroof does not sit flush with the roof.

When fully closed, I would estimate that it sits 1-2mm too low and 1-2mm open. See the below pic for the best image I was able to capture:

I have wind noise and I most certainly have leaks (The drains are being cleaned and in some cases replaced).

I believe I could eliminate most of the drain issues if I could eliminate the water ingress in the first place.

The sunroof appears to operate just fine. It opens fully and the tilt feature works. It also closes fine, just not 100%.

Anyone know how to adjust this roof? Dealer tells me it looks fine but something is not right here.

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
PLEASE downsize the mega pictuture.

There is a procedure that realigns out of sync movement/stops. A search should pull it up

Last edited:

Yamasaki

TDI
'12 Golf TDI
PLEASE downsize the mega pictuture.

There is a procedure that realigns out of sync movement/stops. A search should pull it up

If you are speaking of the panoramic sunroof adaptation procedure whereby you hold the sunroof close button down for 20 seconds, it does not change my alignment.

Is there a different procedure? Believe it or not, I have been searching multiple forums for a fix for about a week. Perhaps you could assist in aiming me the right direction?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
If you are speaking of the panoramic sunroof adaptation procedure whereby you hold the sunroof close button down for 20 seconds, it does not change my alignment.

Is there a different procedure? Believe it or not, I have been searching multiple forums for a fix for about a week. Perhaps you could assist in aiming me the right direction?
Yes, I had to that procedure after a battery change. It fixed the binding. I guess your issue is different
I saw your VWvortex post. Unfortunately the "how I manually adjusted the glass" response @ link seems the next to do.

ttcheung

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen 6MT
have you done a "full open" procedure? where you spin the dial to "open," and then twist it some more to the "service" mode?" after that, maybe close it back up and see where the roof sits?