Fuel filter looks white inside when i look thru the return fuel hole. Is my filter ok

Pcar993

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 White
Fuel filter looks white inside when I look thru the return fuel hole tee on top of the fuel filter. Does that mean my fuel filter is clean?? Should i change it still? It looks pretty damn clean inside. I just bought my Jetta TDI 2 weeks ago so im not sure when she changed it the last time.

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
If it were my car, I'd go ahead and change it for peace of mind.

The last fuel filter I changed looked good and I thought I'd hang onto it. However, the car had more power with the new filter, so I pitched the old one into the trash.

Again, if it were mine, I'd replace the air, fuel, and oil and oil filters. Now you know they're new.

df

Pcar993

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 White
dieselfuel said:
If it were my car, I'd go ahead and change it for peace of mind.

The last fuel filter I changed looked good and I thought I'd hang onto it. However, the car had more power with the new filter, so I pitched the old one into the trash.

Again, if it were mine, I'd replace the air, fuel, and oil and oil filters. Now you know they're new.

df
how about ATF fluid? Car has 139k I think she mentioned that she did change the ATF fluid once. I will need to verify that.

Im changing my fuel filter as we speak.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Does she have any records where, what, when on the ATF change? IF you have red fluid in there, yes get it flushed asap.

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I have a 5 spd man trans.
But yes, I'd change the fluid, too, if it were mine.

Do it all at once, for peace of mind.