Vag-com + Ford galaxy

keeders

TDI
Ford Galaxy 1998 (Same engine)
Hi there,

Am relatively new to the forum but have been looking in to see whats been going on as I recently bought a 1998 Ford Galaxy tdi (AFN engine).

I have been having one or two power problems where I lose the turbo intermittently. Anyway, in looking at the Tdiclub site I think I have the problem figured and have cleaned the inlet manifold (seems to have helped but not fully solved the problem).

So, I know the VW guys have a thing called Vag-com to communicate with the ecu and herein lies my question. Can Vag-com be used on the Ford Galaxy or is there an equivalent system ?

I've scanned around the system and done some searches but I can't find this one ever having been asked before - I would be grateful for any responses.

Keeders

Sebastian

Vendor
The Ford Galaxy is actually a VW Sharan or Seat Alhambra with different badges on it. All systems are diagnostic capable with VAG-COM, but only the VW engines (like the AFN) will work. The Ford engines won't.
Some of the #09 (central electronics) control modules may only work with VAG-COM 409.1 and above.