Obdeleven scaner android for vag.

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
I got my obdeleven yesterday, works really well! Nice to be able to use the phone instead of my old laggy laptop.

Now I just need to find out how to use it :)

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
I just ordered mine yesterday.... I cant wait to try it. I will try to post a review once I've had a chance to play with it.

barrel roll

TDI
2010 A3 Sportback
Everything (diys, etc) is written for vagcom, but there is nothing you can't do with obdeleven. After having it for a few months, i can't think of any good reason not to get a obdeleven.

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
I have just tested mine some more and it is easy to use but when looking at live data, how do I know what I'm looking at?

The channels or measuring blocks are just numbered. If I'm not mistaken the measuring blocks are different for different models/makes?
I would like to check the torsion value and ash load on our mkV Golf...

Angst

TDI
MK4 wagon
I have just tested mine some more and it is easy to use but when looking at live data, how do I know what I'm looking at?
The channels or measuring blocks are just numbered. If I'm not mistaken the measuring blocks are different for different models/makes?
I would like to check the torsion value and ash load on our mkV Golf...
This has been my experience as well. There is not a single walkthrough out there that is not written for Vag-com. In obdelleven there are no descriptions of what is in each of those channels so it is not even possible to guess what data you are looking at to try to follow along with someones tutorial diagnosing/tweaking something in vag-com.

The whole micro-transaction pay tokens system to execute mods seemed like insanity, but then I decided I would be willing to pay like a buck to just push a button and have the mod done for me. Well, not an option with a MK4. There are no mods available. No fob/window mods, no lock mods, nothing.

It has been a useful tool for reading codes but so far that is the only functionality I have been able to use out of it.
For now I am not really stoked on it and feel like it was kind of a waste of money since thus far am not able to do anything I can't already do in Torque pro.

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
I still think it's a good tool to have. I don't know what can be done with Torque but compared to generic scanners the Obdeleven is very good for reading fault codes, and that can be done without any instructions, it's very easy to use for that.
I have a pretty good hand held fault code reader, Autel MaxiCheck and it can read emission, ABS and SRS codes of a lot of different makes and models. But the OBDeleven reads all modules and is very useful for that.

The missing list of channels/measuring blocks is the only thing I don't like about it. And that the app requires a good internet connection for live data reading.

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Keep in mind that the OBD11 app is still in Beta. I hope that some day, soon, we will get a much improved non-Beta version. As said it pales in comparison to the Ross VAG-com, but for $60, it is damn good. BTW you don't have to use the paid car apps to do anything. Figuring out what bit does what, is an adventure, but some Internet research will get you some knowledge. Any VAG-com info can be used as a starting point. Have you checked out the OBD11 pro-board forum?

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
UP's FOR ANY updates on the out of beta stage?

Guy I've known for years is saying obd11 is legit. Web page does not mention data logging. I mean, it does adapatarion, but I'm not buying both. At this point I'm still on Ross tech cuz the support is there.

Same reason I quickly stoped looking at Prius and paid less for a used TDI.. No real support to speak of. I guess that's in its infancy. ;) electricity is pretty cool too. How about a Prius motor swap with a TDI? Using the yota tranny 1 speed tranny 100 mpg? City? Haha