So Happy To Be Back!!!

MTBer

TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI 5MT & 2014 Touareg TDI R-Line
Just traded my '17 Alltrack for a '14 Touareg TDI R-Line. I had the Alltrack for a year and a half after I sold back my '13 Jetta Sportwagen TDI to VW for the buyback. The Alltrack was a great car but I REALLY missed driving a diesel and needed a tow vehicle. I swore I would never drive an SUV or an automatic but here I am....with the best damn car I have owned yet! The slightly older technology is taking some getting used to but the engine is amazing! Diesel power can not be beat! Looking forward to camper life soon. Speaking of which, does anyone have recommendations on side view mirror extensions for the Touareg?

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
I just got back into a 2015 Touareg after not having one since February 2018, definitely glad to be back.

oldhifi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
I just got back too, sold my TDI Sportswagon back to VW was looking for another VW, now have a TReg, love it

shdwlkr

TDI
2013 jetta TDI
like others when I lost my '13 jetta tdi to the scandal I thought I was done with vw forever, but kept looking. Made the mistake of getting a '14 denali thinking it would replace my lost vw, well 18 months later I am back in a vw '15 treg and loving it

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I'm in a new 2016 when I put back my 2012 TREG to VW. I was afraid I wouldn't find a good replacement ,but my dealer found a 2016 unregistered and I grabbed it, the whole swap cost 2500 bucks ,thanks VW for screwing up the diesel emissions. Still tees me off.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Just traded my '17 Alltrack for a '14 Touareg TDI R-Line. I had the Alltrack for a year and a half after I sold back my '13 Jetta Sportwagen TDI to VW for the buyback. The Alltrack was a great car but I REALLY missed driving a diesel and needed a tow vehicle. I swore I would never drive an SUV or an automatic but here I am....with the best damn car I have owned yet! The slightly older technology is taking some getting used to but the engine is amazing! Diesel power can not be beat! Looking forward to camper life soon. Speaking of which, does anyone have recommendations on side view mirror extensions for the Touareg?
And this is why I'm keeping my 09!

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
And this is why I'm keeping my 09!
I would dump the 2009 through the buyback and upgrade to a newer model. That’s what I did with my 2011. The tradeout ended up with me in a much newer 2105 Touareg with 22K miles and $1000 in my pocket.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
I would dump the 2009 through the buyback and upgrade to a newer model. That’s what I did with my 2011. The tradeout ended up with me in a much newer 2105 Touareg with 22K miles and $1000 in my pocket.

Here's the kicker. I'm in Canada, with a US based VIN, so I'm dealing with VWoA, not VW Canada. Also, no trade in, just fix or buy back. I went looking for replacements, no used Treg TDI's, and my local dealer as a new 2016 Treg TDI, but won't move from list price, for a car that's been sitting for well over 2 years.

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
Here's the kicker. I'm in Canada, with a US based VIN, so I'm dealing with VWoA, not VW Canada. Also, no trade in, just fix or buy back. I went looking for replacements, no used Treg TDI's, and my local dealer as a new 2016 Treg TDI, but won't move from list price, for a car that's been sitting for well over 2 years.
Mine was buyback, I took it back to VW in February 2018 and purchased another August 2018. If the buyback number is anything reasonable I couldn’t see not taking it even if another TDI Touareg isn’t available, you’ll never get more money for it than the buyback and Touaregs are expensive out of warranty. What are the import implications of getting a nice TDI in the US?