2006 Jetta TDI antifreeze

TDI
2006.5 Jetta
I have a 2006 Jetta TDI and I noticed my antifreeze is a bit low. What antifreeze should I be using? Anything I can buy at the local Pep Boys, Autozone, O’Riley’s? Thank you

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Pentosin or pentfrost are both g12 and g13 spec'd there are some others locally but you have to make sure its compatible. Dilute with distilled water. Don't add anything that is not rated to do so. Imo you should only use g13 properly. But if it's what you need now!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
i can only find pentfrost ++ in stores now, so i just assumed that this is what OP could get. fiarly affordable for what it is.

pro tip
use a shop vac dedicated to this, like a 2 gallon mini one, in wet mode. suck up any coolant that comes out of any thing you disconnect so non hits the ground. filter it through a normal bath towel into a bucket and reuse if it's still good. that stuff gets costly.