2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

schultp

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen, 6sp manual
Andrew has been working on a new bracket and filter set up. See the thread in the MK6 JSW subforum with some pics of the prototype. He definitely took the concerns about needing further filtration and came up with a great update from the looks of things. Stay tuned!

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
a lude analogy, but a condom is 99%, not 100% but close. not using one is looking for trouble. you want one that's 100%???

5uM filter is not 100%, but 99%, go without and you could be looking for trouble. I know, I've got a tween and a teen. lots of touble, but worth it.
Just trying to be clear here, but are you saying a 5-8 micron filter traps 99% of the stuff that the stock filter doesn't? The filter is 8uM absolute, 5uM nominal.. Not sure what the stock one is..

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
Just trying to be clear here, but are you saying a 5-8 micron filter traps 99% of the stuff that the stock filter doesn't? The filter is 8uM absolute, 5uM nominal.. Not sure what the stock one is..
The filter has the same filtering porosity as the filter already under your hood. if you want finer filtering it's going to be much larger and cost more (over-engineered). This is a simple and effective method of adding protection.

The install only took me about 10 minutes.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
but if it's no better than the stock filter in the filtration department, it's really only protecting the tank and sending unit from being contaminated. far from 99%...

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
which is odd, considering the amount of carbon brush material and copper particles they shed over time...

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Just did my second fuel filter change today @ 44262 miles. Absolutely clean. :D I've been using B2-B5 biodiesel and 2-4 oz of Optilube XPD as a HPFP preventative measure. I did siphon out the canister and wiped it dry. Primed the system as I added 2Micron auxilliary return filter after changing the OEM fuel filter. Hope the 2micron filter never has to replaced for a HPFP replacemnet! Link to prime the fuel system system http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/2009-2010-VW-TDI-fuel-filter.htm

Nice 2micron setup. Looking forward to additional products from Andrew.

CBRacerX

TDI
JSW 2010
I have the Andrew created "original" return filter option sitting in the garage waiting for the 60K filter change (almost at 50K now). If Andrew has a better option at that time I am all for it! If not, the 5 micron is going to be a huge improvement over NO return filter.

rs999

TDI
2012 VW Golf TDI, 2012 VW GTI
Any update on this filter? How is testing and fitment of the V2 system going?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Any update on this filter? How is testing and fitment of the V2 system going?
The Ver. 2 filter kit is almost ready to ship. There is more info and some pics in this thread (starting with post #150): http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=371988

More pictures here (including pics of the new "Pure Flow" HPFP modification): http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4125048&postcount=241

Unfortunately all the info on (and pics of) Andrew's modifications are spread out over several threads.

Have Fun!

Don

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
The last two posts should not be in this thread. Nick, it sounds like you are advertising your product on someone elses thread. I am sure this was not your purpose, but that is how it comes across to me. RS, find ndamico's vendor thread and ask there.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Neat Nicktane kit, anyone try using it on a MK6 TDI?
This kit is for a 1999-2005 Mk4 VW. 2micron's filter kit is for a CR diesel (CBEA and CJAA engines). There is little direct comparison, except that both use a 1 or 2 micron spun glass filter. The choice depends on what engine you have and how the filter mounts to the car.

Have Fun!

Don

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
hardly,

i have no interest in solving pump design issues on CR tdi's. i don't even have a kit that fits on them. it seeemed he shut his product down because he was using a substandard filter. all i did was give you a suggestion to solve your problem as it seemed people liked his offering.

i make the kits for fun, not for a living. i don't care if you buy one or not. just offering a solution as this filter has been used on the dmax and mk4 for years..i still don't fathom why one would make a nice beautiful bracket for a secondary filter and use a 5 micron unit there. not trying to piss in anyone's wheaties.

nick

The last two posts should not be in this thread. Nick, it sounds like you are advertising your product on someone elses thread. I am sure this was not your purpose, but that is how it comes across to me. RS, find ndamico's vendor thread and ask there.

Last edited:

hotpocketdeath

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
hardly,

i have no interest in solving pump design issues on CR tdi's. i don't even have a kit that fits on them. it seeemed he shut his product down because he was using a substandard filter. all i did was give you a suggestion to solve your problem as it seemed people liked his offering.

i make the kits for fun, not for a living. i don't care if you buy one or not. just offering a solution as this filter has been used on the dmax and mk4 for years..i still don't fathom why one would make a nice beautiful bracket for a secondary filter and use a 5 micron unit there. not trying to piss in anyone's wheaties.

nick
There really wasn't anything wrong with using a 5 micron filter, but people were still complaining that they wanted smaller. But most people don't really understand just how small a particle we are talking about here.

He didn't shut down the project, just redesigned it to use 1 or 2 micron filters that screw in place. Easier to change, ability to use a change indicator guage, and is more compatible to mount. Updates have been posted in other threads.

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
gotcha.

someone making CR filter kits contacted me a while back about sourceing filters from me. perhaps it was him as you say he is going to a spin-on which is a better idea anyway. he made a good decision.

2004LB7

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
anyone have any updates when the Pure Flow HPFP Adapter will be available?

i hate the idea that my HPFP could go out anytime and potentially take out more with it.

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Intercooler drain

This intercooler drain is interesting... Do you have a kit or is it still in development?
Hello Benny, Thanks for asking about the Intercooler Drain kit!!
This winter was a great season to test the kit. We had great temperature swings in Ontario and the perfect conditions for gathering water in the Intercooler.
It is really amazing how much water will collect in temperatures just around and below freezing. Another club member also tested the kit all season and had the same results. One common finding is that frequent draining of the system eliminates the chance of water accumulating, then freezing up, causing the startup stumble, choking at speed or worse, Hydrolock.
The valve never froze up, even with deliberate torture testing. (Opening the valve, but plugging the drain end overnight) The "knife action" of the rugged stainless ball valve is very forgiving.
Virtually no water is accumulated when temps are well below freezing. The first warmer 28 degree day brings back the water!!
I was also surprised to see water condensing and collecting in the latest temperatures 15-18 degrees during the day, but with chilly 5-8 degree mornings.
My drive is a constant highway 60-65 mph 1 hour drive, perfect for collecting water.The only issue and revision is that the actuating rod rattles a little bit. A little bit of rubber grommeting and such will help.
As far as The Intercooler Drain kits, sure, if there is any interest. But not until the fall of this year and certainly after the Fuel System kits are out there and helping to keep our fuel systems alive!!
Thanks,
All the best,
Andrew

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Contain Flow and Pure Flow Update!!!

Hello All!!
Thanks for being and continuing to be patient!!!
A few kits are starting to trickle out!!
Please see the very first page of this thread for more pictures and Pricing!!!
The current Kits continue to trickle out and if any revisions are required, I will certainly update!!!
Check out the latest thread about the Pure Flow, showing installs, questions and feedback from our members!!!
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=389392
Here are a couple of the latest pictures!!!:
Pure Flow and Contain Flow kits together:

Pure Flow and Contain Flow kits together, exploded view:

Installed together:

Thanks again,
All the best!!!
Andrew

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
Definitely interested in the IC drain. Even though I live in AZ I have this nasty habit of driving up to where the snow falls every now and again. Probably just to verify why I live in the valley...

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
so it looks like to change the normal factory filter you would have to disconnect the hard line over to the filter mount with the gauge on it?

looks like a nice kit Andrew. I might have to get one of these to put on the shelf so I have one to offer to my occasional CR customers.

I know I would own one of these if I had a CR TDI myself.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Thanks for all this work Andrew. Now that I have a price, it's on my list.