Stafford Virginia, anyone need a4/a5/b4 TDI work? Broken Glow Plug Removal too.

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
The folks who have been here for service know I had a Chihauhau who was more than just my shadow. Old age got the better of him within a few weeks and I had him put to sleep yesterday at the ripe age of 15.5. Understand it if you can, or don't if you can't, but I need some time away from the garage for a while, thus I won't be accepting new or return customers for a bit. The picture below was taken 5 minutes before he went to sleep. I was giving a toast in his honor to the Wonderful World of Animals and him in particular. The rest of the bottle went to the vet along with a letter asking that their entire staff share in the toast. Regal was one of the vets favorite pooch's.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Here's to Regal. I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was a good 'ole dog for sure.

Now Tom, you know the best medicine is to get another one, right?:)

Crazy Jetta TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I was going to ask you a car question until I saw your last post and now know it is not appropriate at this time.

I have never met you before but the picture of you giving a final toast to him is truly amazing. I have lost pets and understand the pain it brings to not have them at your side any longer. I say take all the time you need and may the best be with you!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
My condolences Tom. That's a class act, he must have meant a great deal to you.

My heart goes out to you in these trying times sir.

Calico Red

Perpetual Newbie
TDI
Passat 1996 Blue (sold 2/25/2012), Jetta 2005 Blue
Tom, you have my heartfelt condolences. You and Regal traveled the roads together and you have many grand memories of him at your side. May all those memories last forever. So sorry for your loss.

Regal, be at peace, sweet fellow. You were much loved and will live on in Tom's heart forever.

peterkin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI, RC3 ASV110, Sprint 520's....Lots of Fun. (Sold it, like an IDIOT)
Tom,

I hate that I didn't get by there like you said before you took him in. He will be missed when I come by. He would always sound the alarm. I don't know if it was because someone came to the house or he heard a sick TDI pull up. I know you can't replace him, but I would have to agree with the above poster. Get another side kick!

ats2000

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI ALH
Great guy!

Tom,
First, I'm very sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for your help Friday.
You are one of the nicest people I have ever met and full of TDI knowledge to help some of us that are new to the TDI scene. I can't say enough and would recommend you to anyone needing work in the Northern Virginia area! Thanks a million!

Thanks,
Scott

1963gp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 golf TDI tech edition modified and converted to GTD, 2003TDI Jetta Smith p/u conversion, 1987 Syncro Westy TDI conversion, 1967 Westy TDI AHU. 1995 EuroCamper TDI Syncro, 2014 Cayanne Diesel TDI, 2004 V10 TDI Touareg.
Regal

Tom, Sorry to here about your loss. I know how much Regal ment to you Wendy, Lauren and I send you our condolences. Your next dor neigbor TDI buddy Allen

nickhallnavy

Veteran Member
TDI
01 jetta
i'm gonna bump this to the top. Tom did a TB change on my Mk IV. he also checked over the car for any other future problems, spotting one that i wouldn't have gotten. thanks a lot tom, im sure you will be hearing from me whenever i need something else done!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Most folks here think I have gone away from TDI's.........However I still own 2 and a 300D Mercedes! and in fact my gray 96 Passat TDI was brought back to life by Tom and sold to his neighbor......then sold to me this past Spring, my wifes car.........She won't let me near that car, LOL! anyway I don't have the urge to work on them much anymore and I took our 2nd Passat TDI to Tom last week for some much needed work. I have stated previously he is a real PRO! He does beautiful work and I am now good to go for several years!!
THANKS AGAIN TOM!!
If you need work in the DC area Tom Earl is Highly recommended!!

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
Since this old post came back to life (thanks Tomo) the update is: Still no replacement for Regal but I'm looking. The shop is open, alive and well. Please email if you need some work performed.

TDI
2003 Jetta, 2010 Golf
Tom changed the 100K timing belt on my Jetta today and did great work. Despite me slowing everything down and getting in the way, it didn't take long. I'm pretty lucky to have a skilled TDI mechanic less than 20 miles away.

Thanks, Tom.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Care to share your address Tom? I'm curious just how far from us you are.

And a Happy New Year to you and all else too.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
just map quest your addy to any addy in stafford va. done

zocco

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
If I could get this to display two thumbs up, I would...

Tom just completed my timing belt, plus a bunch of other work. He also worked his way through a pesky airbag light problem that I had been having.

He not only does a bang up job on your car, but he's a patient teacher as well, taking time to explain things in a way you can understand...

Don't be afraid to commit, as its definitly worth the trip. :D

peterkin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI, RC3 ASV110, Sprint 520's....Lots of Fun. (Sold it, like an IDIOT)
Timing Belt Kit is on the way and will be here from impex tomorrow. I'll come by your house after lunch today to talk to you Tom.

amattel

TDI
'98 Jetta TDI
Could you work on an a3 98 jetta?

I need to replace the serpentine belt, and get it checked out generally as I just bought it a few days ago.

The seller says the timing belt was replaced approx. 20k ago. I would like to have someone who knows these cars look at it to verify its condition so I will feel better about it.

Thanks,

Adam

Baron11

TDI
Passat 2005 GLS TDI Blue
Would you be willing to do a check up?

I have 83k on my 05.5 Jetta tdi. Had the timing belt done at Bill Britt at 80k and just had the EGR and O2 sensor replaced.

Would you be willing to go over the car and basicly check it up to make sure everything was done correctly? Anything that needs to done I would rather have you do it.

I realize you posted service for A4, not A5, that is why I am asking. I live in Hartwood.

Bryan