Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Phil,

Please post your results with the alarm horn and interior monitoring.

I am interested in the alarm horn for my wife's 2004 wagon.

Lito

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Hello, I have made a simple schematic that may help some of you with the mod of replacing the horn by DWA:

Parts needed:

Horn (P/N: 1J0 951 605 (A) ):

Connector and pins (part #: 1J0973703 and 000979131):

and the diagram:

Note: I hope the language is not an issue... if it is, I will do my best to translate.

Enjoy this mod... it is very cool! My collegues here do not believe that I am running the new models horn :D

For 1999-2001 cars:
Siren wiring, here's what my analysis says
1. move pin 2 (factory horn) to Pin 1 of the siren, move T15/11 (CCM) to T15/6(CCM) - Signal

2. move Pin 1 (factory horn) to Pin 2 of the siren - Ground

3. tap pin 3 of siren to T15/12(existing)-power

For 2001-2002 the assignments are:

so it's very similar to mine
1. move pin 2 (factory horn) to Pin 1 of the siren, move T15/11 (CCM) to T15/3(CCM) - Signal

Note: I have updated the Part Number of the siren today (Jan 16th '07) because at the time that I wrote this post I was convinced that both sirens, 1K0 and 1J0 were compatible but today I am sure that it is not true. Unfortunately because some of you reported that this siren did not work. I never had a single 1K0 siren .... just suspected that LIN-BUS protocol was the same in newer models after 2006 as in older ones (before 2006). I am sorry for the inconveniences :-(

tongsli said:
You're saying input 04367, 04368, 04369 here...

And enter the value 112 at each location(04367,..68..69), right??

This will activate the Alarm Horn H12
More or less... the operation must be repeated three times:

27 Eeprom serial write
Address: 4367
Value: 112 or $70 (if you want to put hexadecimal format, must prefix with $ sign)
OK

27 Eeprom serial write
Address: 4368
Value: 112 or $70 (if you want to put hexadecimal format, must prefix with $ sign)
OK

27 Eeprom serial write
Address: 4369
OK

The $ sign works also for addresses... 04367 ==> $110F. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I replaced my duck horn with an alarm siren, using the positive signal from the CCM - with a diode protecting the CCM since a relay would not open and close fast enough to work correctly.

I think I'll have to try this out one of these days. The siren sounds much louder than mine does using the German beep programmed with Vag-Com.

Keep up the good work Madelgado! :)

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
After modifying the CCM according to Miguel's memory numbers, it's just a wiring exercise. Miguel posted the wiring for a 2002+

tongsli said:
Phil is telling me my 1J0 959 799Ah 046 CCM has the backup horn or siren feature.

I too will be wiring the siren this weekend.

For 1999-2001 cars:
Siren wiring, here's what my analysis says
1. move pin 2 (factory horn) to Pin 1 of the siren, move T15/11 (CCM) to T15/6(CCM) - Signal

For 2001-2002 the assignments are:

so it's very similar to mine
1. move pin 2 (factory horn) to Pin 1 of the siren, move T15/11 (CCM) to T15/3(CCM) - Signal

1999-2001 vs 2001-2002
Pin 1 - T15/6 vs T15/3 - signal
Pin 2 - Ground - same
Pin 3 - Power - same

I tried wiring this up on my car back when SVTWEB still had his Bora. Now, I realize that I didn't have the wires connected properly!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Miguel,

Which byte(0-9) in 04367, 04368, 04369 did you put 112???

thanks,

Lito

madelgado said:
Hello again... IT WORKED JUST AS EXPECTED... just wrote 112 in the horn mode addresses (4367,4368 and 4369) and ...... peeeeeuuuuuueeeeeuuuuuueeeeeuuuuu.... no more mooooock ----- moooock ------ moooock..... :D

After I parked my car at the basement, I recorded a small demostrative video.... it is mobile quality, sorry... but shows the work done! I will describe it a bit: First scene, the car... then I open (peep --- peep); then close (peep); alarm gets activated... I rolled down the windows a bit previously, so that I could put my arm into the car... I wait a few secs and wave my hand inside... then the alarm takes off as expected :D....; then open with the remote and the alarm stops sounding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vDkSdxsQ5o

Again, may thanks for letting me to share this with all of u ;-) Nice people!

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
tongsli said:
Miguel,

thanks,

Lito
Lito if you doing this using VDS_PRO, when you write to location 04367 enter the hex value, which is 70 (decimal 112) and same for 04368, and 04369

Migual took these values from the spreadsheet I created and also send to you as well. Look at the values in the spreadsheet for my CCM. All will become clear

if you are reading using VDS_PRO enter location 4360, and then will show values from 4360 - 4369 therefore

0 -------1------ 2 --- 3 --- 4 ---- 5 ------ 6 ----7----- 8 ---- 9
4360 | 4361 | 4362 |4363 |4364 | 4365 | 4366 | 4367 | 4368 | 4369

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Ray

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
tongsli said:
Miguel,

thanks,

Lito
just to complement Ray's explanation... 04367 is an 8 bit mem. address and 112 is an 8 bit value... when reading, you usually read 10 at a time, if you have the spreadsheet yo will se rows with 10 adresses... but when writing, you only write one at a time. As values are written 3 times (for redundancy, I guess) then it is three writes what you have to do. There is no notion of byte n in a single memory address... just in case we could speak about bit 7 to bit 0.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
tongsli said:

More or less... the operation must be repeated three times:

27 Eeprom serial write
Address: 4367
OK

27 Eeprom serial write
Address: 4368
OK

27 Eeprom serial write
Address: 4369
OK

The $ sign works also for addresses... 04367 ==> $110F. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Hello, for those installing the DWA... Lito and Phil... how is it going? Just in case it does not work for you, try activating the interior monitoring, even although you do not have them installed... I am telling this because I have realized that in the comfort schematic it says that the electronic horn always comes with interior monitoring... I don't really know if it is a requirement for the CCM (which I personally do not think so) or it is a marketing imposition... I cannot tell u for sure because I went for the DWA after the interior monitoring :-(

I am impatient to hear that it worked for u on the first try ;-) Good luck with that!

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
Just curious - Lito & Phil, where did you get the horn and motion detecting bits? I've checked on the horn at least and can order it through the US parts system, but it's a bit pricey when new ($156) just for some unique alarm chirps. Do you have any better suggestions for sources? I haven't checked worldwide eBay yet...

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Nate_Grauvogel said:
Just curious - Lito & Phil, where did you get the horn and motion detecting bits? I've checked on the horn at least and can order it through the US parts system, but it's a bit pricey when new ($156) just for some unique alarm chirps. Do you have any better suggestions for sources? I haven't checked worldwide eBay yet...
Hello, just for the records... I bought mine for 12€ (around 15$) in eBay... last wednessday me and a friend went to those places where there are a bunch of crashed cars, and took one from new passat... The guy there did not know how to price it (not their business) so he gave it to us for free. I think it is compatible... we will test it tomorrow (my time) in ten hours, hehe.

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 1.8t, 2003, Platinum Gray
madelgado, you magnificent bastard!

Wired it up as discussed here, changed the 3 bytes to 120, re-enabled the lock/unlock tone (as I had disabled it before), and it works! Success on the first try!

This is with a 1C0 959 799 C, Standard North American CCM, Model year 2003.

Audio Visual Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqKqHpQQaY

Sweet! So now I need to wait for the correct plug to show up and just install!

Now we need some simplified wiring diagrams for the Interior Monitoring, and I'll give that one a try too!

Last edited:

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
Nate_Grauvogel said:
My siren [and the CCM I now no longer need ;-) ] came from Mahag VW in Munich, when I was last there.

The Siren was ~ $100. Keep in mind, it's not just a unique alarm chirp. From what I understand, this siren actually contains it's own battery to power the alarm even if a thief were to disconnect the vehicle battery. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Madelgado)

The Interior Monitoring stuff came from ebay.de during that same trip last time.

--phil

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
pheller said:

Wired it up as discussed here, changed the 3 bytes to 120, re-enabled the lock/unlock tone (as I had disabled it before), and it works! Success on the first try!

This is with a 1C0 959 799 C, Standard North American CCM, Model year 2003.

Audio Visual Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqKqHpQQaY

Sweet! So now I need to wait for the correct plug to show up and just install!

Now we need some simplified wiring diagrams for the Interior Monitoring, and I'll give that one a try too!
Phil,

120 or 112??

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Hello, congratulations Phil!

Which value was in the fields before you put the 120? Well, the real change is to set to 1 the bit xxx1 xxxx ... So if you have now 120 this means you have now (bit level): 0111 1000. I know that bits: -XX- ---- define the tone number (RoW, Germany or UK). 112 means UK (3)...

I wonder what is bit ---- X--- for... Phil, please, do u have any special feature in your car? Sunroof, Wagon, folding mirrors, memory seats, interior monitoring, ... or any other feature you may think that is not common to the rest of cars? Thanks.

And now other completely different thing... This morning (my time) I was playing with a friend's CCM, as I said yesterday, whose CCM is 1J0 xxx xxx. Well, Different addresses but the same story, and exactly the same bit. The addresses to activate the DWA in 1J0 CCMs are:

04285 - Set bit ---X ---- to 1.
04291 - Set bit ---X ---- to 1.
04297 - Set bit ---X ---- to 1.

The best thing you can do to simplify things is to select with vag-com (or vds-pro) the UK horn type (3), using adaptation, channel 10. Those memory addresses showed then 96 (0110 0000). By setting the DWA bit (to 1), the value turns from 96 into 112. And it worked!

Hope this helps!

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
madelgado said:
Hello, congratulations Phil!
Which value was in the fields before you put the 120?
Phil, please, do u have any special feature in your car? Sunroof, Wagon, folding mirrors, memory seats, interior monitoring, ... or any other feature you may think that is not common to the rest of cars? Thanks.
2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
Sunroof
Leather Heated Seats
Heated Mirrors
ASR, but not ESP
Sport Suspension
Nothing special, really.
I will try IRÜ tomorrow :)
--phil

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
pheller said:

2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
Sunroof
Leather Heated Seats
Heated Mirrors
ASR, but not ESP
Sport Suspension
Nothing special, really.
I will try IRÜ tomorrow :)
--phil
Ok, thanks for the detailed answer ;-) Well, my car had 255, de default, also... I think that if you added the ---- X--- bit to the sequence is because it did not work with 112... Did you have any issue with this value? If so, which one(s)? Is your car a wagon? (the trunk lock is different in sedan than in wagons, this bit may be the explanation). Thanks!

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
madelgado said:
Ok, thanks for the detailed answer ;-) Well, my car had 255, de default, also... I think that if you added the ---- X--- bit to the sequence is because it did not work with 112... Did you have any issue with this value? If so, which one(s)? Is your car a wagon? (the trunk lock is different in sedan than in wagons, this bit may be the explanation). Thanks!

My Car is a Sedan. So far, I have only done the 120 as a test. I am waiting for the watertight connector to arrive for a final installation. When I complete the installation, I will thoroughly test the settings.

Today, I will try and test the IRÜ.

--phil

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, I disassembled the IRÜ capable roof harness to the parts required just for IRÜ.

However, the connectors on the IRÜ reading lights are quite different than that of the regular reading lights. So, splices will be necessary. Besides that, I wanted to wait until I got the new alarm horn connector, so that I can do something permanent when I take off the Driver's side footwell trim.

I expect to receive that connector on the 27th or 28th, so I'll give it a try then.

--phil

shag

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition
You need to change only the lights or the whole housing for IRÜ to work?

BTW, totally unrelated question - what's the difference between 112 and 120 coding with the DWA (alarm thing)?

oh, and merry christmas :D

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
shag said:
You need to change only the lights or the whole housing for IRÜ to work?

BTW, totally unrelated question - what's the difference between 112 and 120 coding with the DWA (alarm thing)?

oh, and merry christmas :D

You have to change the reading lamp housing, which contains the reading lamp.

See here for a picture.

I believe those 3 decimal values refer to Germany, UK, and Rest of World. Although, I'm not sure, and I have only tried 120.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

--phil

J003223

TDI
06 TDI Pkg 2 Fully Opt.
Very good work to all involved in this thread. Can anyone tell me if the diebstahlwarnanlage works on 2006 Mk5? Thank you.