Follow my 2003 ALH Project!

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Nice!!! You need to update your signature!!:D

Why does it days flywheel HP on the side?
Huh.... because the WHP was like 177... def not right.... How could I have dynoed 205whp @ DentSports Dyno with a stock cam & slipping clutch, but only 177whp @ Xenocron AFTER a Colt stg. 2 cam and new clutch that did NOT slip a bit..... People are gonna be in for some disappointing low #'s at Jersey Dyno Day.

214hp just seems more like what I have at the wheels, not the FW... :confused:scratches head... the car is def not slower..LoL I dunno why the WHP #'s were so low... the car is faster than it's ever been so I dunno what is up with Xenocron's dyno.

I have the WHP graph too.... wanna see it?

Last edited:

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Huh.... because the WHP was like 177... def not right.... How could I have dynoed 205whp @ DentSports Dyno with a stock cam & slipping clutch, but only 177whp @ Xenocron AFTER a Colt stg. 2 cam and new clutch that did NOT slip a bit..... People are gonna be in for some disappointing low #'s at Jersey Dyno Day.

214hp just seems more like what I have at the wheels, not the FW... :confused:scratches head... the car is def not slower..LoL I dunno why the WHP #'s were so low... the car is faster than it's ever been so I dunno what is up with Xenocron's dyno.

I have the WHP graph too.... wanna see it?
Sure why not, on the other hand looks like torque curve improved from DSG so your clutch is now holding!!!! that's a good thing.

Definitelly something going on with the dyno since DSG #s are super uber low and this one is just too much on that low side

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
wanna see it?
Does a chicken have lips? Of course we wanna see it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the dyno, we'll have to see what she does on dyno day with other cars that were dyno'd at dents just weeks before.

In any event it is good to have a baseline at a LOCAL dyno where we can go back and gauge progress :)

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
So does this one, which is wheel hp

No way in hell it's this low at the wheels.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks like I'll be making a road trip to Dent Sport to use that machine again.

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
What amount of boost are you running with that 52mm compressor til 6000 rpm?
What RPM do you reach max boost?
From the dyno, it looks like about 2800, is this the case?

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
What amount of boost are you running with that 52mm compressor til 6000 rpm?
What RPM do you reach max boost?
From the dyno, it looks like about 2800, is this the case?
Pretty much.... boost starts right away and hits 28psi at around 2800rpm.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
joe im visiting my mom tomorrow and will be about 10 mins. from your place...hit me up i would like to stop by and get ride in that beast. steve 845 853 4545...

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Not that different? Other than the >20 HP difference from 3500 to 4000 rpm, and the ~15 HP peak diff.... That plot has always bothered me, since it's scaled all the way to 500 HP and 500 lbf-ft for no good reason, decreasing resolution on the real data.

Also, your scaling must be off on one of those, since run 2 has more torque but less HP from 2500 to 3000rpm - i.e., impossible.

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
Not that different? Other than the >20 HP difference from 3500 to 4000 rpm, and the ~15 HP peak diff.... That plot has always bothered me, since it's scaled all the way to 500 HP and 500 lbf-ft for no good reason, decreasing resolution on the real data.

Also, your scaling must be off on one of those, since run 2 has more torque but less HP from 2500 to 3000rpm - i.e., impossible.
I did the best I could with a blury low res copy.

It looks to me like he is putting down more low end torque, but loosing something at the top end. While my crayon like graph doesn't show them crossing at anything close to the precision of the original data, it is pretty clear that this is the difference between the two pulls.

His clutch was slipping at MAX torque at dents.

It's not much better, but I figured I'd try again using the z chart:

Last edited:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Hello everyone..... Some of you may remember that I totaled the black 03 Jetta in a freak November sleet storm in 2010..... There were initial plans to swap the built ALH into my 04 Jetta and sell the BEW motor..... Some people said I should leave the 04 alone and just find a good donor car..... so i did

I happened to find the perfect donor car locally..... On Craigslist I found a 2000 GLXVR6 for sale with a destroyed motor 40 minutes from my house..... it was a 17 year old high school kid selling it and he wanted 2K for it.....

I took one look at it and knew this was my donor car.... fully loaded with heated power leather, wood grain trim, sunroof, upgraded stereo, climatronic etc etc. It has a brand new radiator, new front end parts, H&R springs, Koni shocks/struts. The body was in pretty good shape (eventually will need a paint job) and the leather was mint... even the drivers seat was in very good shape for being a 12 year old car.

I told the kid I'd give him cash and have it out of there the next day... he accepted, title was clean, and now I have a nicer car than I had before. It's all registered and insured and ready to go.

My good friend Jason (TDIJetta99) is damn near finished with the swap.... the car runs great so far..... just a couple more things to swap out and I'll have a driver!

The only performance part that got destroyed was the FMIC..... we are gonna hook up a stock side mount for now just so I can drive the damn thing... I'll get a BIG FMIC when the weather gets warmer.

I've got black projector headlights with LED strip, LED tails, LED side markers, LED interior lights, LED license plate lights, XM radio, mp3, gps, and I've been looking at some nice 17" rims for it.

Here is the totaled car about to go to the shop.

and yes, this is a turbo diesel chevy blazer!

I will have some more pics of the black car totally stripped about to go to the scrap yard.... some pics of the GLX will be up soon too.

I am also considering a GTB2260VK on a B5.5 Passat TDI exhaust manifold.

Last edited:

gte824j

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Awesome that the swap in to the GLX is getting buttoned up. That silver GLX at the shop is in good shape. Should be a nice ride once the TDI is in there. Nice work Jay!

Dang, seeing that stripped shell really hit me. Joe was kind enough to let me take that car for a spin at one of Jason's first gtg's in '07. At the time Joe was RC3 and I was stock. I was promptly addicted to TDI's as soon as I rolled in to the pedal. haha. Thanks for infecting me with the tdi modding bug. :D

Did you have to remove the entire body harness on the tdi or is the gasser glx body harness compatible with the tdi engine harness?

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Keep up the work! Curious as to how much the shell weighed and brought for scrap. Prob going to scrap one soon too.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I think Jason got like $266 from the scrap yard or something like that but there were tons of other crap inside the shell... a HEAVY furnace, rear end from another car, an old cast iron bath tub, an old fence, plus all kinds of other metals/garbage....

I'd think you probably wouldn't get more than $100 for the shell alone. You have to fill it with all you can.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
Scrap is around $8 per 100lbs...

Sent from my cerebral cortex using Tapatalk

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Deal is in the works as we speak for a GTB2260VK turbo mounted on a cast manifold with block off plate welded from Rub87...

Jason, you're gonna have to make me a 3" stainless DP!! WHAT!

EDIT: Turbo is paid for and in the mail!

Last edited:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Update!

The 2000 GLX TDI swap is 99% complete... Here are a few crappy pics of what the car looks like (taken with my crappy cell phone camera)

The car needs a serious detailing.... All the new lights are installed but the new rims are still in the shed, next to the gtb2260vk.