2012 Audi A3 TDI Premium Plus for sale or trade

geoffrey2k

TDI
zilch
Hello!

Newbie here. I think I was on the sight a couple of years ago but couldnt remember my email or login info, so I've rejoined. And so, as the story goes, I will soon be bidding my A3 TDI adieu. My now ex-GF, who still drives the car, wants a Tiguan. Nothing else will do. So if you have a 2012 or newer SE to trade, let's chat. Otherwise, perhaps you are someone who might like a new TDI to tool around in. If so, read on :

Model : 2012 A3 TDI Premium Plus
Color : Ibis white with Luxor Beige (tan) interior
Mileage : about 30,500 miles
Purchase history : Original Owner from Nov 2011. No liens, car paid off in full.
Warranty : in force until November 2015 or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Transmission : S-tronic 6 speed auto
Options : MMI navigation with music interface (ipod integration), Cold weather package (heated seats, etc), Convenience package, Open sky panorama sunroof, Dark walnut wood inlays, and Rear side airbags.
Service history : all service done at Princeton Audi under Audi Care package. Package transfers to buyer (35k, 45k services will be free)

That's the good part.

The bad part is that in July of 2012 the car was rear-ended shortly after pulling out from a green light. (Can you guess what the other driver was doing?) The rear of the car was damaged, but no air bags deployed. There was frame damaged that was repaired as well. A large part of the rear end was replaced (all the suspension, etc.) The car was repaired by Nassau Conover and Audi Princeton - total damage came close to $18,000, which is why it wasn't totaled. Not a high enough % damage for a car that was only seven months old. On the plus side, it has been operating normally since and there appear to be no visible or functional issues since the repair. I've been a total pain in Audi's arse of course, taking the car in whenever I had any inkling that something was not right.

Overall, there havent been any other major service issues. A tail light and license plate light were replaced, there was a bad sensor in the rear post repair that prevented the auto adjusting headlights from leveling properly, a seat rail was replaced on the driver side, and there was a recall on the fuel filler (I think a guard was developed since so many folks were managing to put unleaded into their cars accidentally.) Also had a slow leak in one tire. Of course, I have all the service records and can make those available to anyone that is interested.

The only other bad news are cosmetic things. The one in particular is on the black plastic area near the fog lights. Some of the plastic has some scratches (about a 2 inch square area) that look like it rubbed against a parking lot curb. But they are on the top of a fin, so to this day, I have no idea how they came to be there - and, uh, the driver didn't say. Go figure. The other cosmetic issue is a centimeter long crease ding where someone opened up their car door into my car. It's not easy to see, but I did notice it recently when detailing the car. It's very minor, and you basically have to look for it to notice it. That's about it.

The car is very clean inside and out, and in overall excellent condition. Car has been driven by a non-smoker and non-pet owner only. I'm asking $28,750 or best reasonable offer. I will have a Carfax available to you and all service records so you can see what has been done on the car.

As you all here probably know, you can't buy this car new from Audi anymore as they are turning it into an A3 sedan for model year 2014.

Anyway, thanks for reading through. Feel free to post your thoughts on my pricing, ad layout, etc. Thanks! :)

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Wow, SO close!!! My girlfriend wants an A3 TDI BAD and is currently in a 2012 Jetta TDI sedan in Candy white. She wants exactly your car except the only problem is your car is tan interior which "makes her sick" lol.

Best of luck with the sale/trade though!

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
photobucket.com, upload the pics, post the links here.

geoffrey2k

TDI
zilch
Sold!

Well, just as I was getting ready to try the photobucket routine, sure enough, I find a buyer. Done deal. Thanks for comments, suggestions, etc. See you around on my next TDI...