VW 2001 Jetta Front seat replacement

jessabug

Veteran Member
TDI
Hubby's 2001 Jetta TDI, '84 IDI turbo diesel Jetta
Is it a '99 or 99.5 Jetta? As in, is it the same generation or not?

Gebre

TDI
2001 VW Jetta
Not sure, I pulled seats from a U-Pull it place from a 1999 Jetta, but the car is a 2001 VR6 Jetta. How can I tell if this Jetta is diesel?

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Not sure, I pulled seats from a U-Pull it place from a 1999 Jetta, but the car is a 2001 VR6 Jetta. How can I tell if this Jetta is diesel?
Doesn't matter if it is a diesel or not. The issue is the build date. They changed models in the middle of the year. So the seats from a car build in the second half of 99 will fit. Seats from the first half of the year might not. You need to find out if it is a MK3 or MK4 Jetta, MK4 will work, MK3 might not.

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
Doesn't matter if it is a diesel or not. The issue is the build date. They changed models in the middle of the year. So the seats from a car build in the second half of 99 will fit. Seats from the first half of the year might not. You need to find out if it is a MK3 or MK4 Jetta, MK4 will work, MK3 might not.
in other words, same body style?
there are changes between years that will throw a light because of airbags so it's best to get same year.