Waiting time for fix

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf, 2000 F-250 (7.3)
Who is waiting for the fix and what is the average time you have had to wait?

Local idiot stealership has us on list last 2 months with no promise date.

ricks

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta Sportwagen
No list or wait required at mine. Called a week in advance to schedule, drove in and picked up loaner car, drove back later that day and picked it up. It was that easy.

I would go to another dealer if you have your authorization

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
That's the problem, nobody else for at least a hundred miles.

murphyslaw

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 TDI JSW/Sunroof/Nav/Man
100 miles, thats nice. The 2nd closes dealer is over 1200 miles from me. I loath my dealer.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
I was notified a fix is available. That is my current preference. I am holding off encase I change my mind and want buyback.

I have to before Sept 2018 CORRECT?

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
@gmcjetpilot Must file a completed claim by September 1st, 2018.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
I am wondering how desperate VWAG will be to get them either off the road or fixed? I don't really want to give up my car, nor do I want to take the 2mpg hit either. I just wonder if they will dangle the carrot of a newer, yet retrofitted, car as Sept approaches. Anyone else consider that or I am just dreaming?

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
VW does not care.

fix, don't fix, keep, don't keep, no matter to them.

But with your 2009, if it has the DSG you probably want to wait to see a final, for every affected car fix.

my 2009 with DSG has been in the dealer for the fix since 15 August. dealer called this am and let me know that two of four cars they had pushed into the lot after a fix and failed transmission software update responded to the latest update, but not for my car and one other.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmm, good to know Meerschm. I had planned to wait until late in the game anyway. I mean, why give up the MPG's early??

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
the incentive for the fix is $$ and the warranty.

could be a good trade for a couple MPG

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
got it fixed, got the money and they were very implicit on the new warranty. haven't seen the mileage drop as we are still on summer fuel in tank. reset learned parameters, runs like new again.

i'd get it fixed and take the money, the warranty is very comforting.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
got it fixed, got the money and they were very implicit on the new warranty. haven't seen the mileage drop as we are still on summer fuel in tank. reset learned parameters, runs like new again.

i'd get it fixed and take the money, the warranty is very comforting.
Do you have to go thru the whole process to find out how much $$ you get? Care to share what you ended up with? Via PM if you don't feel comfortable.

What does the warranty cover and what is it's duration? Thanks for any information!

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
depends on the model year and miles on the car. (and a few minor option adjustments)

not too hard to punch in.

you can get a pretty close estimate from the charts provided.
if you want some help, need the model year and how many miles on the car.

minimum payment with the fix is $5100

warranty covers the exhaust and emissions system, the fuel system, and pretty much everything associated with the engine, if it makes the MIL go on. this means the HPFP is covered. terms are 48 months or 48,000 miles, stick shift gets another six months.

(I expect they want you to pay for wipers, tires, and brakes,......)

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
depends on the model year and miles on the car. (and a few minor option adjustments)

not too hard to punch in.

you can get a pretty close estimate from the charts provided.
if you want some help, need the model year and how many miles on the car.

minimum payment with the fix is $5100

warranty covers the exhaust and emissions system, the fuel system, and pretty much everything associated with the engine, if it makes the MIL go on. this means the HPFP is covered. terms are 48 months or 48,000 miles, stick shift gets another six months.

(I expect they want you to pay for wipers, tires, and brakes,......)
and clutch in a 6 speed 39k miles was $6700

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Do you have to go thru the whole process to find out how much $$ you get? Care to share what you ended up with? Via PM if you don't feel comfortable.

What does the warranty cover and what is it's duration? Thanks for any information!
With your 09, assuming at least normal mileage, you should get the minimum payout of $5100. Only way to get more is really really low miles.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
Is it the same site as the turn-in?

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
So I certainly don't want to jump ship on the TDI, but looking online, it might be a good chance to upgrade?? But I also have a history with my TDI and that is worth something as well. I have 140k on the clock. I've put 39k of those on it. Done some DIY repairs, etc. But found a good replacement in a 2015 flavor that is appealing.

Realistically, the only money I have to play with is what VW would send me, nothing extra. So talk me out of trying to complicate matters!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
So what is the turn in offer for your 09 and how much is the 15? My turn in offer on my 10 is just over $14k. For me, that's not enough money to turn around and get a new (er) car since VW still wants an arm and at least half a leg for them. I'll get the fix and take the $5k. Part of that will go towards my 120k service. The rest will probably end up in the new deck.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
13225. Or 5100 with the fix...
The 15 is $14k or something, and has the smaller engine, which I know nothing about, is not even close to local, etc. But there were some older cars with under 100k miles in my price range as well.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13225. Or 5100 with the fix...
The 15 is $14k or something, and has the smaller engine, which I know nothing about, is not even close to local, etc. But there were some older cars with under 100k miles in my price range as well.
http://pics3.tdiclub.com/data/517/820433_EA288.pdf

this is not so much a smaller engine, but a newer one, which has a few improvements.

there are a couple gas engines which are lower displacement.

so back to free advice,

keep the incentive part separate.

and just look at if you like your car.

if you do, and plan to take care of it, there is no reason not to keep it.

if you get the fix, take the cash incentive and put it to good use, you have a win/win

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm looking at like this.

Keep the car and get $5k. Get rid of the car to get something newer and get a loan of about $10K. I can make better use of that $5k than pumping out the few hundred a month on a newer car that I don't really need.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, payments aren't an option. If I decide to upgrade to a newer tdi, the buyback costs would have to cover the purchase. But then there's TTL, hassles to get that stuff done, etc. Not to mention, none are just down the street...

Analogeezer

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
I waited a good while to make sure dealers had done a lot of these. Dropped mine off Friday at 10 it was ready by 5 but they had given me a loaner so I went back today to pick it up.

Seems to drive fine, seems a tad louder/coarser but that could be the power of suggestion since some people here have said that

They actually give you a sheet of paper with a cert it has been done and the compensation amount to the penny

Mine was $6,380.78 for a 2013 six speed manual, 69,200 miles

My original booklet estimate was $6,440, the claim letter had $6,420, so I got docked $40 for putting more miles than the allowance but no complaints here. With the Bosch money I will be at nearly $6,750, I plan to stash it away as part of the fund to replace my sports car which is now 13 years old with 120,000 on it

Analogeezer

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
Dealer here in mass offered to have me in the day I called about the fix, I declined pushed to the next week, no problem. looks like they replaced the forward cat and the exhaust flap. so far I have not noticed any odd behavior, to soon to report on fuel economy, but I track my fuel purchases religiously since the day I found out the hpfp explodes, so just a quick calculator exercise to tell the real story.

Analogeezer

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
A payment update.....

My car got modded on a Friday and FedEx attempted to deliver a check to me the following Thursday

We were not home and you have to sign for it so if you are getting a paper check be aware of that

I stayed home and signed for the check on Friday so a week all total. Not sure of the timetable for the Bosch check so I will report on that when I receive it

Analogeezer

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
I need to look into the Bosch settlement...

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If you've had your CR fixed or turned in, then the Bosch check should have been automatic. If you've opted out of the VW settlement, you can file for the Bosch settlement separately. Otherwise, I think you have to wait on getting the fix done.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, that does appear to be what I found out as well.