View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2018, 03:56   #9
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Cup View Post
do you have a maintenance protocol for those cars that are "stashed" and not really driven? or do you just take turns driving them all?
I try and drive them at least once a month, depending on their current condition. I had a 2010 Jetta sedan stashed for nearly a year, it had a cracked DPF and the subsequent clogged EGR tube, both otherwise ran and drove fine. Sat in one of the buildings at our farm property with a gauntlet of critter mitigation devices around it, under it, and in it. I was waiting to see what the "fix" was, but when they finally said they would not fix it unless it was no needing to be fixed (yeah, figure that one out), I deleted/tuned it, and sold it to someone I had in line to buy it if I sold it.

I also usually have a few at home that I'll drive once a week or so. Fortunately I have a place to put them, and usually have a supply of decent take out batteries and a smattering of used take off tires I can rotate on to them as needed to at least make sure they can be driven. I just put a set of used Chinapops I have already mounted on wheels on to a Golf I recently got. Those wheels/tires have spent time on about a half dozen cars at some point or another, LOL.

Page generated in 0.06392 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.52 Kb. compressed to 14.90 Kb. by saving 1.63 Kb. (9.85%)]