3.0 2014 Q7 "Fixed Issues"

JG321PM

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI
2014Q7 TDI is having a lurching issue which only started after the "Fix"!

Anyone else having this issue?

Dealer is telling after two weeks with the car $700 to drain the tank and place a new fuel filter. Then they would test to see if that is the issue.

Note: They had the vehicle 3 days and couldn't get it to replicate the lurching. I go back for 15 minutes and it does it.

Any advice or ideas? Tired of being played.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Do a throttle and transmission adaption reset. Turn on the car but do not start it. Then hold the accelerator pedal down for thirty seconds. Release the pedal. Turn the car back off. Next time you start it, it should start to learn. The reason they say it is okay and you are having trouble is because they have a different driving style, and the transmission programming changed with the fix. This has also been in a couple of other threads here.

JG321PM

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI
I had read about the throttle reset and asked them to do that. The dealer swore it wouldn't work on the diesel according to the Audi USA technical advisor.

I appreciate it. I am at this point I may go up there and do that to see if it works.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
It has worked on other Volkswagen automatics for me in the past. Hopefully it will help you. It's very easy to do, so worth the try.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I had read about the throttle reset and asked them to do that. The dealer swore it wouldn't work on the diesel according to the Audi USA technical advisor.

I appreciate it. I am at this point I may go up there and do that to see if it works.
Your dealer probably thought you were referring to a software throttle reset, which, indeed, does not work on a diesel. Do the procedure flargabarg describes above and report back.

JG321PM

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI
Update

Doing the throttle reset didn't work. Dealer is adamant it is the fuel. Will post back an update later.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Doing the throttle reset didn't work. Dealer is adamant it is the fuel. Will post back an update later.
Fuel filter can be replaced without draining the tank. Check with an independent garage. $700 seems outrageous. Also after replacement I’d run a bunch of diesel fuel additive through to isolate H20.

dyehead

TDI
2013 Q7 Prestige
My Q7 is back at Audi for the NOX system again. They had to order parts from Germany last time.

Glanced over the shoulder of the tech who checked the codes and there were 3 errors. One said something about “performance regulator” or something. Incredibly fishy. They made up some excuse saying it was linked to the NOX system and quickly cleared all the alerts.

From a non mechanic it sure looked like something to do with why the car feels sluggish by the description.

The only thing that makes me think it’s innocuous is that I figure someone would have blown the whistle on something like that but even so, super suspicious.