2000 TDI Beetle dirt cheap

Busguy71

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE!!!!!
2000 TDI Beetle dirt cheap only $2400!!!!!!!

Cant believe I'm going this low, but I'll take $2400 for my new beetle. High miles but runs very well. Alternator isnt charging well but you can drive it home. Good reliable car! only 10k on timing belt job! 860-698-0277 $2400 for 50mpg.... dont pass this up!

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Nice! My golf is at 467.3K miles.

BlownBusa

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE+ DSG
I was thinking the same thing...:p Would you give it to your 16 year old daughter to make a 400 mile roundtrip every other weekend? Thanks... I was going to give her mine... But :D

Busguy71

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE!!!!!
400 miles round trip is nothing, this beetle went 820 miles, 3 times a week for years! before that she was running even more. She has some clunks and rattles, needs one tire and an alternator, but this car has a LOT of life left! If I was still a courier I'd still be driving it, but I have to thin out my TDI fleet. Milage is 469k, 5 speed, sunroof, has 15" 5 spokes on it now (not rims in pic) new suspension and TB job in May.

etag1949

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta,1998 Jetta(sold)
Tom
Sorry I haven't gotten back 2u - been crazy busy. thought I would get 2u 2day but prep 4 nu job start early next week has taken precedence. good luck man. If it hasn't been sold by the time I work this stuff out I will hook up with you.
Ernie

Busguy71

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE!!!!!
Had some calls, YES it really does have 470k miles! and YES is still runs really well!!! dont let this chance go, its a steal!

Bkcorso

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
Thanks for the link, but rates seem to be pretty standard. I've tried aprox 6 companies, and they all fall around the same price of $1000 to have it shipped ..

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDi, 2015 Passat TDi
Thanks for the link, but rates seem to be pretty standard. I've tried aprox 6 companies, and they all fall around the same price of $1000 to have it shipped ..

No problem, but to pay someone to do it, fuel, meals and motels, etc. can be about the same price, if not more. FWIW, I priced Southwest from Phoenix to Long Island and it was $184.

2600 miles of driving (est) at 45 mpg (rough estimate) going with an average fuel cost of $2.80 is $161.00. Meals could be another $80-$100.
(Breakfast at Denny's or Country Barrel, dinners at Arby's...) While not a dietician's favorite menu, I did this many times to keep expenses down when they were paid for.

Motels for 3-4 days could add another $200+ (This is picking up hotel books at rest areas or going with hotwire, etc.). Leaves you at $545 (est). Being liberal at $.25 a mile adds another $650.

Rough estimate of $1,295. Fuel costs will obviously vary, no doubt diesel is cheaper in southern states. I paid $3.33 the other day.

Also consider spending all that money to buy and have it driven back and someone rear ends it, or driver loses control and crashes it.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't. Good luck either way, but the transports are insured to boot should anything go wrong.

Last edited:

Bkcorso

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
It was more of a statement in jest, because I cant justify spending that on shipping.
Few years back I flew out to Michigan and drove home a 2005 Jetta wagon. Minus fuel I spent another 65 bucks to get it home. As far as it being wrecked, Id never let a vehicle roll without insurance. Murphy/Mayhem are just waiting !!!

Busguy71-GL with the sale, the mileage on it is awesome !!! I have my Passat for sale, and if this bug is still around, I'M coming for it !!!! =)

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDi, 2015 Passat TDi
It was more of a statement in jest, because I cant justify spending that on shipping.
Few years back I flew out to Michigan and drove home a 2005 Jetta wagon. Minus fuel I spent another 65 bucks to get it home. As far as it being wrecked, Id never let a vehicle roll without insurance. Murphy/Mayhem are just waiting !!!

Busguy71-GL with the sale, the mileage on it is awesome !!! I have my Passat for sale, and if this bug is still around, I'M coming for it !!!! =)
My apologies for the misundertanding.

No doubt anyone would roll without insurance. It would just suck to do all that work to get it, then have a wreck.

As for bad luck,Murphy should be my middle name. :)

Last edited: