Golf Adblue sensor and/or pump issues

lew2018

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Hello, I'm a new VW owner (used 2015 Golf TDI, 32k miles) and I have the CEL on....please help! lol
Upon checking, there are two codes showing, P203B and P20E9. I would imagine any people that might respond would already know this but....anyway.
P203B is "Reductant level sensor - Implausible signal"
P20E9 is "Reductant pressure too high"
We took in to the local stealership and they quoted a little over $1700 to change the whole tank. I've read a few things (please straighten me out if needed....unless everything on the internet IS true, lol).
1. All the "stuff" in the Adblue tank is in one modular unit (heater, sensor, pump).
2. The sensor/pump/heater unit can be changed. (mostly read about the heater failing but, again, understood it was all in one unit)
3. The heater swap should be around $1200-ish (again, this was a heater failure....an answer debunking #1 might answer the others)

A few assumptions made here based off of what I've read....I'm learning.

BTW, it still needs that "second part" of the emission's scandal repair done....they wont touch it until the problems are fixed and the CEL is off.

Thank you,
Lew

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
My understanding is that anything emissions (and exhaust and fuel, etc.)-related is covered under the extended emissions warranty - which goes for 11years / 160K miles.

For them to say, "whoa - we can't complete the fix for the emissions treatment system because there's a problem with the emissions treatment system"....that doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
X2 what Nuje said. Call VW's Customer Care Department 1 (800) 822-8987. 8 AM to 9 PM Monday - Friday...

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf DSG 06 Jetta (sold)
Like the others said as long as the car isn’t modified in some way that is definitely a warranty item. But if the car is tuned or otherwise modified then you may be on your own as far as warranty is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
They replaced all of mine when this same thing happened to me at a round 18k miles. Warranty item. Once fix 1 is done they are on the hook. Assuming your are stock.

lew2018

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Thanks for the quick responses! I did call another dealer just over an hour away and they said "it's possible it can be covered". He gave me the impression that he would work in that direction. The only thing done to the car is rims/tires.....bone stock otherwise as far as I know.

Nuje, I agree with the ironic statement but the local dealer said that right up front. I thought they were trying to take advantage of my son (his car but I'm the owner as far as the paperwork is concerned). Then, days later when I called the not-local dealer that is helping me, he said the same thing but also said they would try to cover it.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Take the paperwork with you and show them in writing where it says it is covered. Also it says any disagreements between consumer and VW are to be decided in favor of the consumer. Stand your ground as it is covered. Be firm, polite and know the facts.