Instrument cluster

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
If replacing with a used one,is there any need for reprogramming? Immobiliser?

2005 B5.5 TDI

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
Thanks Quick,
I will not change the cluster then. It is just for the LCD display which fades as it warms. Irritating.

DeliveryValve

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS Wagon

BobZ

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat tdi, 15 Passat TDI SE auto, 06 Sierra 6.6 DMax
Did you have this done?

I have the same issue. Found the replacement LCD, but not confident in my skills to actually do the replacement.
So I found this outfit to possibly send my cluster to. They'll even polish the lens.
Does anybody have any experience with this place?
https://www.speedosolutions.com/LCD-Replacement-Service-for-VW-Half-LCD-Panel-VDO-Cluster_p_39.html
Did you use this company? I may go through the expense of having mine done. Car sat for a year and half pending head gasket job - only to learn it was a pinched water pump gasket. Just reassembling now and have a ton of new parts on it... Figured whats a couple hundred more at this point - a couple hundred more has never ended with this car (why I love it I'll never know) :rolleyes::eek::eek:

DeliveryValve

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS Wagon
Did you use this company? I may go through the expense of having mine done. Car sat for a year and half pending head gasket job - only to learn it was a pinched water pump gasket. Just reassembling now and have a ton of new parts on it... Figured whats a couple hundred more at this point - a couple hundred more has never ended with this car (why I love it I'll never know) :rolleyes::eek::eek:

I haven't gotten around to it yet. If you do pull the trigger, please post the experience.