1.8T or 1.9TDI DMF Flywheel?

TDI Dave

TDI
2005 Passat
Is there much difference between the US spec 1.8L gas turbo DMF and the European diesel version? I'm assuming the diesel version may have more dampening? Anyhow, I'm looking to get rid of my SMF and go to something smoother. I would like to get the US spec flywheel as they are cheaper due to currency and shipping costs. But don't want o make matters worse.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
A friend of mine had a 1999 Audi wagon Quattro with a 1.9tdi in it. Used a s4 trans and I believe a 1.8t clutch set up. Not sure if that helps.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
The t4 2.5 tdi clutch wont work, the inline 5 cyl lump its also a transverse engine and different setup altogether (maybe AJT engine will work but ACV 102 Bhp will not work).

A AVF pd 130 clutch will work but its 240mm, you can either use a fixed Sachs pressure plate or a LUK self adjusting PP.

AWX is 228mm clutch with DMF and also works in a longitudinal 5 speed gearbox.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
I have used the 1.8t longitudinal DMF in my audi 90 with an AHU, worked fine until rolling into the power in 4th gear, when the DMF springs would bottom out from the torque and cause a horrible shudder. I had to change it out for a 240mm TDI specific DMF. My car is pretty hopped up, it might work fine on a lesser powered TDI.