Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf 2dr. RCII, sprint 520s, shine susp
FS: 2003 Jetta Wagon GLS 5 spd 240k miles

Engine/Turbo/Tune
-VNT 17
-Stage 4 Malone tune with drivebywirellc balanced 1019 injectors
-Buzzken 2.5" stainless downpipe with resonator into autotech 2.5" stainless cat back
-Egr delete
-Tacotaco upgraded intercooler and 1.8t pancake pipe
-ARP Head studs
-G60/VR6 clutch new syncromesh fluid
-Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, fuel filter done at 205K,

Suspension/Brakes
-Bilstein Sports
-Nuespeed Sofsport springs (great balance between ride, ground clearance, and handling)
-Shine rear swaybar
-R32 control arm bushings
-Hawk HPS brake pads (all 4)
-New rear calipers and brake cables

Wheels/Tires
-Winter is 195 65 15 Hankook Ipike new this winter
-Summer is Long Beaches with 225 45 17 Azenis with 2 summers on them

Interior
-Egt and Boost Gauges
-Alpine CD player with bluetooth utilizing facory monsoon amp.
-Monster mats

EVERYTHING works except seat heaters. All maintenance up to date. If I even thought it was bad, I changed it.

Looking for $6k.

Last edited:

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
No Rust! Car was from CT and previous owners took it to Florida for winters. I have a lift at home so you can check out the underside for yourself easily.

C130FE

TDI
2003 Golf, 2003 Jetta wagon
Sounds like a way cool wagon. Someone just recently totaled my way cool silver 2003 TDI wagon from Albuquerque by running a stop sign during rush hour traffic. Really pissed me off. That wagon was super clean and low mileage. I had just put a Malone Stage I ECU in it. I just bought a non TDI replacement; a pearl black 2003 GTI 20th anniversary edition. I'll miss my TDI no doubt.

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, I looked for 2 years to find this one. I have pics if someone could share the links for how to post here.

C130FE

TDI
2003 Golf, 2003 Jetta wagon
Looks like your suspension is about an inch lower which looks about perfect on these cars. Does it have an EGR delete pipe? It must bust out good with that Stage 4 tune and components. Mine did really well I thought with just the Malone Stage 1 and EGR delete. Is the interior as nice as the outside? Mine was the black interior material that actually had door panels that stayed adhered. The only bad on mine was two worn heel spots in the drivers side carpet covered up with the new monster OEM mats I had just bought. I may be stuck with my GTI gas model for awhile. Sure wished your wagon was about 2000 miles closer. I just started doing improvements on the GTI; new struts, shocks, rotors, small interior items missing or ratty.

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
Interior is clean. Only defects are worn soft touch trim and small hole in drivers seat from failed seat heater. Much cleaner than a lot of cars I see.

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
Any interest? This car was impossible to find 4 years ago. I'll list out all the maintenance done when I get home.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
That car looks remarkably clean. Unfortunately the availability of newer TDIs at reasonable prices and low fuel prices seem to have affected the market for older TDIs. But there are still those of us who prefer them. GLWS.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
That car looks remarkably clean. Unfortunately the availability of newer TDIs at reasonable prices and low fuel prices seem to have affected the market for older TDIs. But there are still those of us who prefer them. GLWS.
Not just the MK IVs , but the B4 and B4V as well. The values have crashed on all of them recently.

Add the fact that people are upgrading to MK VI cars which there is a glut due to buybacks and cheap auction cars.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
B4s values are further depressed by lack of parts availability. MKIV stuff is still readily available. And I find MKIVs still drive like modern cars. B4s feel old to me.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Thanks indigobluewagon. It's appears my car may be worth more in parts.

I sent to a friend yesterday, but haven't heard back. This looks like a great car. I wouldn't part it out. There is a buyer for it somewhere, but you might have to be patient. It doesn't help that you are way up in Maine either.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I'm interested in possibly replacing my B4S with this nice wagon, just cant drop the $6k at the moment with my dog recently having ACL surgery...

Talk about bad timing...

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
man, nice car and close to me too. I want to replace my mk4 wagon with something just like this when the rust finally gets to her. I would be in the market probably in a year from now, but mine is still passing inspection currently.

billybaru13

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I sent to a friend yesterday, but haven't heard back. This looks like a great car. I wouldn't part it out. There is a buyer for it somewhere, but you might have to be patient. It doesn't help that you are way up in Maine either.

Friend here .... nice car, I had the same on with basically the same mods. Went to 300K with it. Was mostly rotted out when I sold it a few months back.

Going to pass on the car. I am kind of liing my Audi B7 quattro wagon these days.. :O

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
Can't believe this vehicle is still available....but I have a biased opinion.
Thanks for the kind words! So far just 1 request for more pics and no other interest. Guess I'll keep driving it or part it out when I am ready.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
If you want a quick sale, you need to adjust the price downward. You've only had it listed here for what, 2 weeks? And diesels are just not the hottest commodity in the winter. So, take the previously offered advice: have patience. And if you want the premium price you seek, keep the rust off, which means don't drive it during salt season.

Cheers,

PH

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
It's true that the middle of winter is the worst time to sell a diesel. Not sure why, but it is. One option would be to park the car for a couple months and try in the Spring. If you do, I'd hold firm on your price. If it's as good as it appears in the photos, it's worth it.

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
No need to park it as I drive it daily. With another TDi in the fleet, I find myself lusting for a 135i, but don't want 4 vehicles in my fleet. I'll have to wait on the toy.