View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2015, 19:13   #42
c-wagen
Veteran Member

I did the repair today with my brother in law's help. Thanks for the write up. Some comments

1-The pump and heater cup needs to be rotated counterclockwise to unlock it from the tank to be removed (few degrees, as indicated) and the new one needs to be rotated clockwise to lock in position. I followed the recommendation of cutting the cables to remove the top of the old unit, and having good access to the old pump and heater cup to remove it.
2- I was not able to tigten the ring back to the older ring position. I used a hammer and an screwdriver to tighten it, and at some point the screwdriver began to damage the ring side steps.

The kit from expressoemparts was good, but had no instructions/references at all. All cables went back fine (correct lenght). However the new tank breather had no cap. So I used the old tank breather after removing it from the old pump. I saw some plugs to plug the adblue lines while working to avoid cristallizatiion. Used some, but not all (some I could not see were to put them... Maybe this is a multiple car kit?)

I installed it, now I'm waiting to see when the code goes out (if I dont kill it before with Vagcom)

UPDATE: after 28 miles the Check Engine Light went off (yay!). Cost: 233.28$ (Pump and heater), 8.63$ (a small transfer fluid pump from Walmart), and 17$ for 2.5 gal of DEF, Peak brand (it is cheaper in Walmart!). Total less than 260$, and three hours (taking it easy). Thanks again!

Last edited by c-wagen; November 10th, 2015 at 14:40. Reason: Update
c-wagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04785 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.17 Kb. compressed to 14.43 Kb. by saving 1.74 Kb. (10.76%)]