Vacuum Tube

pgdub

TDI
jetta 2001 Black
[image]http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=16184[/image]

I was looking at my engine today and noticed that a vacuum tube was dissconnected and couldn't figure out where it connects to. The tube that is dissconnected is circled in green in the photo, and it is in the group of three tubes and is the larger of the three. Van anyone help me locate where this larger vacuum tube connects, the car is a 2001 TDI.

Thanks in advance, PGDub

Luv My 02 TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MK5(2010) and MK6(2015)
The one connected to the T connection?
It comes from the T to your Air Filter box?

It goes in the air filter assemply under and behind #4 the MAF.
Do you have about 8 inches of tube hanging out?

pgdub

TDI
jetta 2001 Black
The one connected to the T connection?
It comes from the T to your Air Filter box?

It goes in the air filter assemply under and behind #4 the MAF.
Do you have about 8 inches of tube hanging out?
yeah it comes off the "T" fitting, its the larger of the three hoses, where of the filter does it connect?

pgdub

TDI
jetta 2001 Black
Yeah there is about 8 inches, "under and behind the number 4", i dont know what the number 4 is?

pgdub

TDI
jetta 2001 Black
Yes, that is exactly what i was asking about, does it just sit there or does it connect to sumthing, because there is nuthing for it to connect to on my car, so i assume it just sisters there, or do u glue it there or sumthing?

Thanks for help and that picture.

pgdub

TDI
jetta 2001 Black
Shoot, i dont have that on my car, mabye it broke off or something, there is no hole there for anything for it either, should i just seal it off with a golf tee or should i leave it open?

pgdub

TDI
jetta 2001 Black
yeah 100% sure, it seems like the connector was glued there, but it came off somehow, and there is no passage to the airfilter it was just a connector to hold the hose it seems...

Luv My 02 TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MK5(2010) and MK6(2015)
Maybe some one else will chime in..
I pulled on my tube and ut was not budging.
I don't want to break it. Does it look as it something was in that location...

Maybe do a search on Air Filter or Air Box and see if any photos or directions for removing it. Might tell a little about that tube.

pgdub

TDI
jetta 2001 Black
alright thanks for all the help, maybe someone else knows whether or not that the line is supposed to flow through or just be sealed.

Thanks again for all the help.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
That line should connect to the air filter box. Do not seal it off. It is supposed to supply filtered air to the control valves for EGR and boost, which those valves use to regulate the EGR and boost by switching between the filtered air and vacuum.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
dirt can get sucked in over time and eventually clog the control valves.