VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q7 TDI & VW Passat TDI
Any word or thoughts on when the restitution payments will be coming out for previously salvaged vehicles that where repurchased?

CalGuy

TDI
Q5
Passats Repair 'Pause'?

I have a 2014 Passat that was denied - long story still want to fight...
Last month I decided to just have it fixed and sell it. Appointment with dealer and then was told that the repair for Passats was on 'pause' until December 20. December 23 called and still on 'pause'.
Apparently people who have had the fix are getting recall letters - something about if driven over 80 it will shut down.
Anyone have information about this??
As of now I have a car they can't/won't repair and will not buy back.
Thanks for any info.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a 2014 Passat that was denied - long story still want to fight...
Last month I decided to just have it fixed and sell it. Appointment with dealer and then was told that the repair for Passats was on 'pause' until December 20. December 23 called and still on 'pause'.
Apparently people who have had the fix are getting recall letters - something about if driven over 80 it will shut down.
Anyone have information about this??
As of now I have a car they can't/won't repair and will not buy back.
Thanks for any info.

I got a note last month from VW (blanket letter not personalized) that said emission fixes will be extended to 1/31/19 for those choosing an Approved fixe. I have one car that I am in same boat. Going to fix and sell. The dealer said they do not have the 'parts'. Just got a call and they said they now have the parts. It is a Passat. It is a clean title but VW is not buying all of them back either. So frustrating.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I have one with 88K miles, do you guys think i should do the fix or pass on it ? I'm sure dpf will be clogged soon and replacement is a lot of money but i'm afraid my car will become a turtle, now runs pretty good, it's the car vw refused to take back and no way to get the money from them as well

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I would at least get the fix done and sell it if you don't like it. Prices are depressed though so be aware of that. Might be worth fixing and waiting a while to sell. If it is in otherwise great shape. Otherwise just fix it and dump it for what you can get or drive it till it falls apart.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I have another one which is newer and only 22k miles , don't really need 2, should i stop by at my local dealer or reach out to vw corp to have it done ?

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
I have one with 88K miles, do you guys think i should do the fix or pass on it ? I'm sure dpf will be clogged soon and replacement is a lot of money but i'm afraid my car will become a turtle, now runs pretty good, it's the car vw refused to take back and no way to get the money from them as well
What is the downside of not having the fix down now? If you are not going to get paid, and there is an emission problem, then bring it to the dealer for the fix. After the fix, you do get less MPG, less power, and the car is a bit noisier. How VW can get away with not paying people something for getting the fix is beyond me. After all there are still a lot of cars registered and on the road polluting. And these cars will run virtually forever.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
What is the downside of not having the fix down now? If you are not going to get paid, and there is an emission problem, then bring it to the dealer for the fix. After the fix, you do get less MPG, less power, and the car is a bit noisier. How VW can get away with not paying people something for getting the fix is beyond me. After all there are still a lot of cars registered and on the road polluting. And these cars will run virtually forever.
Power is the only thing that worries me, my 15 is fixed and wife is afraid to drive it, it's that slow, she'd rather drive her RWD even in the winter since it picks up speed quickly

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Power is the only thing that worries me, my 15 is fixed and wife is afraid to drive it, it's that slow, she'd rather drive her RWD even in the winter since it picks up speed quickly

The fix was done haphazardly and it is really a different car than what was sold originally. It is why I think VW should have been forced to offer something on every car that was not fixed under the lawsuit. If this was really about the environment (which it was not). Some 12 - 14 Passats after the fix are turning off. Not sure if they corrected this problem.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jensen...s-ftc-warns-owners-to-slow-down/#10a6ff133546

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
The fix was done haphazardly and it is really a different car than what was sold originally. It is why I think VW should have been forced to offer something on every car that was not fixed under the lawsuit. If this was really about the environment (which it was not). Some 12 - 14 Passats after the fix are turning off. Not sure if they corrected this problem.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jensen...s-ftc-warns-owners-to-slow-down/#10a6ff133546
Vw was always about the money by not honoring the warranties or taking care of customers, now uncle sam got paid and court system doesn't care anymore that people are getting screwed big time, all these cars should be off the road regardless of title

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The cars are drive-able as they are with or without the fix. If you liked it the way it was then you shouldn't have got the fix done. Your wife must be afraid of her own shadow to be afraid to drive the car. If it really bothers you that much get it tuned and be done with it. Probably 98% of the people have little to no complaints.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
The cars are drive-able as they are with or without the fix. If you liked it the way it was then you shouldn't have got the fix done. Your wife must be afraid of her own shadow to be afraid to drive the car. If it really bothers you that much get it tuned and be done with it. Probably 98% of the people have little to no complaints.
She just doesn't like it because of power , that's all, the fix is hit or mix, mostly good reviews

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I have heard of no one complain of any appreciable loss of power. Only slight loss if any. Besides you can always push the go pedal more for more power. Or get it tuned for a bigger boost of power than it was stock even. Sounds more like a placebo effect than anything else.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Heck, if it's just feel of power, a Sprint Booster can make a big difference. If the car is actually down on power something is wrong and Volkswagen needs to fix it. That is not an expected outcome of the fix.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
It's been a while sijce I have heard it mentioned, but I recall that the fix changed the throttle response curve. The same power is available, but the pedal is less sensitive 'off the line' meaning that you may need to put more foot into it than you used to. Same max power though . . . just need to readjust your driving habits over a few days.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
For the people that actually were lucky and returned the Rebuilt restores cars , did you received the Bosch money ? Because we did not receive anything from them ,just checking if that is the case with everyone else.

05tdiwagon

TDI
TDI's
For the people that actually were lucky and returned the Rebuilt restores cars , did you received the Bosch money ? Because we did not receive anything from them ,just checking if that is the case with everyone else.
Same case here, returned multiple "rebuilt" TDI's during the summer of 2018 and haven't received my Bosch checks yet. When I called and spoke to Bosch rep they couldn't even find any of my vehicles as returned in their system. Let's just say I'm happy I was able to return these cars and that's good enough for me. When or "if" I'll get any additional money sent my way that would be great but I personally don't expect much.

miltak

TDI
passat,jetta
Same here.I emailed California lawyers-no answer.No Bosh checks and no 2nd half of compensation on even one of many.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
No big money, no lawyers, no government help. Time to make a huge public stink about it and get someone news worthy to champion your cause.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI

No Bosch money on rebuilt cars returned for me. At least yet. Frustrating. Perhaps they are waiting to see if we get $175 or $350? The lack of information being disseminated is frustrating too. No timeline on the restitution payments for rebuilt returns.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I wonder if it would do any good emailing to the Ankura independent reporters , Previous time and issues they did take a notice and write about them at least. Maybe it would be a good Idea to post the emails addresses if anyone still has them and all of us affected emailing them . VW settlement customer service are no good for anything , no one knows anything over there.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
No Bosch money on rebuilt cars returned for me. At least yet. Frustrating. Perhaps they are waiting to see if we get $175 or $350? The lack of information being disseminated is frustrating too. No timeline on the restitution payments for rebuilt returns.
No Bosch, No Restitution

nathanacura

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I finally got a 2010 returned a couple months ago. it was in limbo forever and then rejected as being "not legal to drive on the street". My valid registration and insurance begged to differ. Won on appeal and they completed the buyback.
No owner restitution or bosch. On the phone they said that the restitution was being put on hold for all branded titles till the very end of the campaign.
Legal email responded by telling me I am not eligible for the owner restitution and "anyway we saw you bought it for XX and sold it for XX so it looks like you made out fine". ***? I fail how that has a thing to do with the black and white letters of the judgement.

nathanacura

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Has anyone bought a 3.0 branded title and tried to do the buyback or fix? Verbiage seems to say the same as the 2.0L did; as long as it wasn't branded before 9/15/18 AND bought with branded title after that ... should be OK.
Say a recently salvaged car, If I went and bought one at auction it SHOULD be included. Just curious.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
"anyway we saw you bought it for XX and sold it for XX so it looks like you made out fine". ***? I fail how that has a thing to do with the black and white letters of the judgement.
This, is fortunate and unfortunate. You now have proof that they are willing to not abide by the judgment. But, you may have to fight them for it!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
There has already been proof that the judgement is subject to change and interpretation/manipulation. Getting anything done about it is now the question and seems to be an almost insurmountable task as no one really seems to want to touch it any more. It doesn't surprise me to read this as the "intent" was to make the consumer "whole" again. People that purposefully (maybe not the case for nathanacura) bought salvaged cars cost less to make them "whole" again as these cars generally have a diminished value due to the salvage title. Not saying I agree with it but that is probably their reasoning behind their denial. It will cost you more than the payout to fight it and they count on that.

nathanacura

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I totally agree with all this, only, they have said things like you weren't the owner before this date so you don't qualify for owner compensation along with the monetary comments. None of that is written in the judgement. So, to decide to make changes to the judgement based on these outside influences is simply wrong, regardless of the logic used.
I came out ahead on the car, but the practice is still pretty underhanded, as was denying all branded titles for a year.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I agree but what choice do you really have? Either find a lawyer and fight or give in. There really is no middle ground here. The whole mess stunk from the beginning to end. But at this point you are just a cog in the machine and have very little power to do anything. Someone here was trying to get some people together to see about filing another suit about something but I don't remember what or why or how far they have gotten. You might try and find that thread here and see if you might be able to join them. The only other recourse is to get some publicity going around it. But few will have any pity on a salvage buyer getting way more money, if you know what I mean. Good luck and I hope things work out for you!