View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2018, 08:36   #6
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

I purchased my 2017 Ecodiesel in February of this year. At almost 15k miles, I'm loving it. yes, there are 100+ pages discussing failures of the 3.0 liter VM diesel. The current guess is about 4% failures. Higher than the VW HPFP failures and how many pages and different threads have we had on that specific issue?

My truck is a 4x4 crew cab with the 3.92 axle for higher towing rating. We are planning on getting a travel trailer when we retire and seeing our great countries. That lowers my mileage a little. My 7 mile commute also doesn't help but my lifetime average is 22 mpg with the highest tank of almost all highway cruising (70-75 mph) was 26.5 mpg.

I have the Laramie package, so pretty well loaded. My two favorite options are the heated steering wheel and the cooled seats.

My wife's great idea was that when I traveled, with or without her, to rent a truck. Since September of last year, I drove all three brands a couple of times and various miles each. Shortest was probably two days and about 70 miles. The unloaded ride between the big three 1500 trucks is vastly different. Ram is by far the smoothest and the most comfortable seats. The Ford was next but was substantially higher priced for similar options. Chevy (GM) seats were the worst and the truck also handled like a truck. IMHO, it needed at least 100 pounds of dead weight in the bed to smooth the ride. The Canyon/Colorado suffers from many of the same issues as their big brothers. Fit and finish on the Ram rentals was also better than either the Ford or Chevy.

Page generated in 0.07042 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.66 Kb. compressed to 14.15 Kb. by saving 1.51 Kb. (9.64%)]