View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2018, 12:19   #407
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

A year ago I was driving a brand new [54 miles [88km]on the odo when I picked it up] 2015 GSW with DSG. I bought it in Orlando, FL and drove it home to here in Anchorage. What a fun road trip! I stopped various places to visit friends and family, but it was a single shot of about 6000 miles [9700 km. New engine, of course, A/C in FL, GA, TN, KY, OH, MO, and KS. Snow in MT and Alberta. Frost in BC and Yukon. Various speeds. Overall, the calculated mileage improved, but that may have also been due to Canadian fuel. Total trip averaged 44.06 MPG [5.3 L/100 km] My general speed is the speed limit plus or minus 10%. I wasn't paying much attention to the MPG indicator on the dash, but I recall it going up to just under 50 a couple of times. With a year of use, I'm now getting high 40s and low 50s on road trips, up to 52 MPG [4.5L/100 km] in summer. No repairs so far. Good car.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08579 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.84 Kb. compressed to 14.27 Kb. by saving 1.58 Kb. (9.94%)]