1996 A6 (C4) AAT, what ECU?

muresan_c_dan

TDI
1,9 tdi, 81kw
Hy guys, it's a nice thing you've got going on here!
I did use the Search tool, but I didn't really find anything, so here it goes:

Do you know what ECU is in the 1996 C4 with the AAT (85kw) engine? Could it, by any chance be the same as the AEL? (slightly detuned)...

If not, what would be an easy and reliable way of remapping the old style ECU?
Thing is, it I'd like to work out 150-170hp out of it, not pushing it because of the auto gearbox. I have to work on the injectors, so new (bigger) nozzles are not a problem, the turbo is on its way out, so in goes a hybrid (or perhaps a VNT, which I hear would spool smoother, and therefore be gentler on the g-box). ..and some other little bits...

Thank you, cheers

saab9turbo

Veteran Member
TDI
golf mk3 tdi syncro 3door;)
Lift up the passenger side carpet and Check the number on the ecu cover, and post that, i belive that it's the same as the 2.5 aat audi 100 ecu coupled with the ecu for the gearbox.
But be carefull with the carpet, it tears pretty easy. I have the same car and auto box, and nozles give a good raise in overtaking:)

muresan_c_dan

TDI
1,9 tdi, 81kw
The sticker isn't looking so good, but it says:
Bosch 0 281 001 128
Audi 4a0 907 401

Other sticker isn't readable!
I guess the way around this would be to open the case, rip (carefully) the chip out, remap it, throw it (carefully) back in there.... and hope for the best. Wright?
Guess you can tell I'm new at this :D.

Thank you!

saab9turbo

Veteran Member
TDI
golf mk3 tdi syncro 3door;)
Rip the ecu out, or get one in a scrapyard and send it to someone that can tune it:) that is cheaper than risking terminal dammage to the ecu:)