2001 VW Golf TDI diesel for sale

DDDD

TDI
2001VW Golf
I have a 2001 VW Golf TDI diesel 5 speed manual that I need to sell. The engine runs like new as in April of 2016 I had a new turbo charger, intake manifold and in 2014 a new ac installed. Unfortunately in May of 2016, a guy ran a stop sign and t-boned the car on the passenger side causing the air bag in the passenger seat to deploy. The only damage is to the passenger side door and front seat. The insurance company totaled the car as a "brand new" door cost more then the car was worth. I bought the car back thinking I could find a used door for cheap, which I did but before I bought the door I was told by the State of Florida once a car is totaled by the insurance company it cannot be relicensed.

I have battled with the insurance company for almost two years and now have given up. I have kept the car running, there is no damage to the frame. The oil was changed on a regular basis, used Liquid Molly to keep it clean. I love this car and just need to find someone who can do something with it as I do not want it to go to a junk yard.

I put $1200 into it in April 2016 installing the new turbo charger. I would like to get that back but will consider offers. Thanks, Donna

blueatlantic

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon(gone) 06 Jetta (gone) 09 JSW(gone) 03 Jetta (died) 03 Jetta Wagon 2012 JSW
Can you fix it and have it inspected, and then be issued a "rebuilt" title? I believe people do that here in NC. Not super familiar with the process and it might be something you've checked into already.

Maybe a link to some pictures if you can? Best of luck with your sale!

DDDD

TDI
2001VW Golf
Thanks for you response. Unfortunately in Florida they won't let you rebuild a totaled car unless the insurance company changes their determination and Geico won't budge. I will try to add pictures. New to all this so have to figure out how to do that.

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
I would advice that you start listing car specs and maintenance history for the purpose of selling it....Number of doors, Outside/Inside colors, current mileage, mileage of car at last timing belt job, any upgrades or replaced parts for maintenance purposes....good luck.