2014 Audi A8 TDI Diesel Commercial: The Station [Video]

bockegg

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Loyalty TDi w/ DSG
Any chance of an A3 quattro TDi, A4 quattro TDi, or A4 Cabrio TDi?
I just got news that Tiguan will come in a TDi soon, but I don't know if it will ever be released with the 4Motion.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Any chance of an A3 quattro TDi, A4 quattro TDi, or A4 Cabrio TDi?
I just got news that Tiguan will come in a TDi soon, but I don't know if it will ever be released with the 4Motion.
I've been hit with this correction so I'm passing it on. There is no more A4 Cabrio. You have to go to an A5, which I would love to see with a TDI but know one will never sit in my garage. ($$$)

I will be surprised if VW releases the Tigaun 4Motion with a TDI. From VW history in North America, they don't seem to like to offer that combo unless you want to buy the Toureg sized.

soldierguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI S DSG
Ummm, in this case it is NOT about fuel MPG. It is about PERFORMANCE with good MPG. The torque on the 3.0L alone is worth it.
I know I'm quoting ancient history (ancient on the internet anyway), but you hit it on the head. The 3.0 V6 TDI is a premium performance engine...whisper quiet, vibrationless, and a ton of torque that moves a heavy vehicle with surprising speed. The fuel economy just happens to be good, especially considering the size and weight of the vehicles in which it is installed.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Yeah, too pricey. But then new auto technology always trickles down, so there are good things in store for us. :) Now if we could only get a bit of that AWD action....

TDI_NC

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS 5 speed
The article tried to demonstarte that this car is really a bargain. :)

"At $83,395 (including an $895 destination charge), the A8L TDI is also competitively priced. The BMW ActiveHybrid 7 starts at $84,300, and both Mercedes are significantly more. The diesel S350 Bluetec 4Matic has a $93,000 base price, while the S400 Hybrid starts at $92,350. The most expensive, though, is the Lexus, which starts at an eye-watering $119,910 (although it does have 438 hp)."

Too many $$$$$.

Darnit.

Bill

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
The Bugatti Veryron is 1.6 million, that's too much $$$

Interesting the gas version get better highway mileage than the diesel.

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Wow, if a diesel engine is your goal. That's a lot of coin to spend to get there!

I will be interested to see if the real world FE does better than what it's rated for. This can only increase the perception of diesel passenger cars in the USA.

eav

TDI
Jetta, 2015 Sportwagen
I'm interested in an A6 TDI, any idea what its price range will be in the US? Will not be making a purchase until September 2014. If its too much will get a Sportwagen instead.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Adjusted for inflation my 91 Mercedes was $95,000 when it was new, and it wasn't even fully optioned. People will buy them. Just probably not those on this site :)

-Jason

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Interesting the gas version get better highway mileage than the diesel.
Huh???

In the A8L, the V6 produces 240 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque and returns 24 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway. The least thirsty gasoline A8, the 3.0T (pictured), has a 3.0-liter supercharged V6 with 333 hp and 325 lb-ft. However, the gasoline V6 can only muster 18 mpg city and 28 mpg highway.

pinkertonfloyd

Veteran Member
TDI
14' Subie Outback FMR: 12' Jetta TDI/P+N
I'm interested in an A6 TDI, any idea what its price range will be in the US? Will not be making a purchase until September 2014. If its too much will get a Sportwagen instead.
Since a gasser a6 starts in the mid 50s... Prob near 60k... In a few years it will lose half of that. I had a 2008 a6 quattro.. They were about 50k then... I bought mine a year old for 32k... Yes they drop like a rock in that first few years (all luxury cars have this issue)

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Well I'm concerned with interior room, fuel economy and performance. Not concerned with "class".

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I didn't compare anything other than power and price. Don't care about "class"...:rolleyes:

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Don't you get it??? The 5-series must let the A8L pass them in the Fatherland. :p
Ha! I rode in a BMW 550ix on the autobahn and the guy driving made it a point to not allow Audis to pass him :D
That car had amazing pull from 120mph!!:eek:

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Audi A8 tdi review on motorweek today

Looking forward to seeing what they say.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
HAHA awesome commercial - lots of TDI'ers will be able to relate!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Great commercial. I hope they run it a lot.