WTB 02-05 5 spd wagon

Redman84

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
I(and everyone else, I know) am looking to buy a 2002-2005 manual trans wagon. Strongly prefer ALH but am not opposed to(though weary of) BEW and would like to keep it <250,000 miles and without body rust. I have cash(ier's check) in hand and am willing to travel to any corner of the continental US. I've seen what's here and now literally every CL ad in America. Just hoping to encourage a new sale if there's any on the fence.

NMDieselExplorer

TDI
B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon 6 speed ELN conversion
Hi Redman84. I have a 2003 Wagon but it has a BEW engine in it-208,xxx miles. runs good. Lifted, front TT lower control arms, and ball joints, TT short shifter, new tie rod ends, new strut bushings/bearings, front springs are from a VR6, rears are Euro towing springs, with the MetalNerd 2"lift. Tires are Toyo Open Country A/Ts, like new. I have a bunch of spare parts too. The engine and cluster were from a 2004 sedan donor car. Everything was swapped over. The trans has the .658 5th gear. Cruises quietly at 2,000 RPM at 75 mph. We love this wagon but just bought a Mitsubishi Delica and want to get a Passat TDI wagon for the extra room. I have many spare parts from the donor car-full struts and shocks with factory springs if the lift isn't your thing, and the wagon is rust free-was an Indiana car many years ago, but escaped unscathed and has been in Colorado, and now New Mexico-very clean. Cloth interior. The Jetta is a little too tight for our family and we are planning on having another baby next year. Here is my Craigslist ad for the Wagon: https://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/6295915835.html

Last edited:

wncre8r

TDI
'02 and '03 wagons for sale

I have 2 wagons for sale. An '02 with 234K miles and a '03 with 201K. I don't know too much about the 02 as we bought it used for our sun to use for college in Indiana. drives well but has some minor annoyances, like headliner drooping, fuel door electronic opener not engaging. stupid little things like that. The '03 on the other hand was purchased new in Germany by my sister-in-law while serving there. it seems to have almost everything you could put in it from the factory with the exception of fog lights. They both run fine. 48 around town in the '03 50+on the highway. I don't run the '02 enough to know mileage as I drive an '06 sedan. we just bought two electrics so i am selling my stable of TDI's. if interested give me a call 301 518-4806
Anthony

bigdogtruck

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagons (2)
I have a 2004 Jetta TDI GL wagon for sale. It is black on black with 233,000 miles, manual transmission. Timing belt was done at 190,000 miles for the second time. It runs and drives beautifully. The car came with a cloth interior. I upgraded the driver's seat (and of course the dash and wiring) so I could have a heated leather seat. I have a guy on the line with a used passenger seat and am planning on installing it as well so the front two seats will both be heated and leather. The car has not needed much work over the years. I bought it from a TDI guy up in Northern California. I live in So. Cal. NO rust. Has a Panzer PLate. It has a CAT fuel filter system in it. 2 years ago I had to hood repainted and added new glass head lamps and new grill so it looks sharp. I replaced the clutch about 80,000 miles ago. Everything on it seems to be in great shape. I am not a mechanic so I don't fiddle with it, but I have done my due diligence as far as always changing oil at about 8,000 miles with Liqui Moly full synthetic. The guy before me did the same. (The PO bought the car new. I bought it with 80,000 miles on it. It is my daily driver) I have the original radio to give you and replaced it with a nicer one but the antenna seems to be weak and I suspect you will need to replace either the antenna or the wiring from the radio to the antenna. I did not bother because I stream Pandora and don't care about my radio reception. It has a trailer hitch and I tow a 300 pound tiny trailer sometimes. I upgraded to Alloy wheels. It got new Michelin Tires about a year ago. I regularly get 40mpg. Rarely much better than 41 and never worse than 38. I am planning on detailing the car this weekend and taking a bunch of photos then. I will also be posting it for sale on this forum, CL and probably Ebay.

Flaws: headliner is drooping, some scratches on the paint. If I don't get the other leather seat for you there is a tear in the cloth manual passenger seat. The lower part of the front bumper doesn't clip into the bracket very well so I put it on with zip ties. There is a bit of Parking lot rash on the bumper. Some of the dark window film has a few small scratches. It does not have the cargo cover.

We bought this car and loved it so much that we bought another 2004 Jetta TDI wagon for my wife. That car is an automatic and has less than half the miles on it that my car does. She bought a new electric car so it is time for this one to go. I will be driving her TDI after that. I truly hate to sell it because the milage with the manual transmission is so much better but it doesn't seem practical to sell the "newer" car and keep the older one. You can email me at bigbordercollie@gmail.com if you want photos or to talk before I get it posted.

Last edited: