seat covers

GOTLIFT02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Anyone know any good seat covers for these seats besides the crap a$$ autozone ones?? Does VW make some?? -Jordan

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Alternatively, you can go with fleece seatcovers in a matching or contrasting color, with cutouts for the side airbags. I have the rear seats out of my Golf, so I only wanted/needed covers for the fronts.
Fleece is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and soft on the tush all year round. It protects the original seat fabric. All in all, it is very durable and functional. However, whether it sufficiently stylish is up to the individual.

PD2004

TDI
2004 Platinum Gray Jetta PD
I had a set of the wet okole seat covers in my former car. I loved them. They dropped the internal temperature (had vinyl seats) and were easy to clean (not that I ever did). If I needed covers, I'd go with these again. I know they are on the high side, but I think they are worth it. If for nothing else, the custom fit.

gnostic203

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Just out of curiosity besides air bags how do seat heaters factor into seat covers? Can you have seat covers if your car is equiped with seat heaters? Will they burn or get damaged with moderate heat?

JayT

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2003, Silver Beetle, 2013, Moonrock
I'm probably a moron:confused:

what's this with the covers negating the airbags? Rear, front, sides?

I have seat covers on both front seats and rear bench, where on the seats are the bags, so I can check how bad I'm blocking?

Also, I second the question about seat covers and heated seats, i considered this when I covered them, but thought :rolleyes: "eh there probably built to take abuse" then I read another thread about recalls on heated seats...

oh yeah -- I've got a 2003 Golf TDI

TDImonkey

TDI
VW Golf 99.5 Blue 2Dr
JayT:
As I understand it, the seat airbags are only in the front. If you have a seatcover without openings, and the airbag deploys, it will turn your seat cover into an ejection seat.

I went with the Wet Okoles. Pricey, but custom fitting, great looking, and I have no fear of hopping in my car dripping wet, after flipping my kayak or surfing.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
My sheepskin covers have a cutout so they don't block the outer edge of the seat, leaving the airbags exposed in case they're needed..

scooter

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, Black/Black Cloth
If you like sheepskins, Sams Club has some with cutout sides in grey or tan for $40 per seat. HIGHLANDS SHEEPSKIN SEAT COVER GREY/TAN
Item: 974147 Price: $40.84