Injector questions

Ext290

TDI
2004 Passat wagon
Now that the passat is running noise free and I have a vagcom its time to dig deeper into the car. It runs good cold, once the temp gauge nears 190 it starts to miss. So I hooked up the scan tool and checked injection quantity,

Cyl 1 2.99
Cyl 2 - 2.66
Cyl 3 - 1.60
Cyl 4 - 1.08

Also the torsional value is always 0.0°kw, dosent matter if it is warm, cold, idle or 3000 rpm.

From what I have read the injection quantity could mean a bad injector?

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
those numbers you recorded are what the ECU feels the engine needs for that cylinder at that moment to run smooth. This number will change often. A lot of factors are digested by the cars electronics to arrive at those numbers

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
0 is a valid torsion number, but unfortunately it's also what the ECU will display if the actual value is off the scale on either side.

Might be worth tweaking it a tiny bit to see if you can get it to swing to 0.5 or if it really is a ways out.

Ext290

TDI
2004 Passat wagon
Will the torsion number change as the engine warms up or cools down? Or dose it stay pretty consistent? Just thought it a little odd that is perfectly zero.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
In my personal experience it will bounce 0.5 in one direction or the other as the engine warms up, between idle and blipping the throttle, etc.

A rock-solid 0.0 is not something I've seen.. and when I see it on my own vehicles I purposely bump the adjustment a bit just to convince myself it's real. :)