ALH Turbo Outlet Hose ?

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
Hello, I am in the process of cleaning up the turbo hoses and pipes on my Vanagon Conversion. My intercooler has 2 inch fittings. The outlet of the turbo is around 1.5 inches. The hose I have is a 90 degree elbow. I think it is a cut down radiator hose I found around the shop. I'd like to replace it with a silicone type hose and go up from 1.5 inches at the outlet to 2 inches as I leave the turbo after the 90 degree bend. Currently I have a 1.5" exhaust pipe with the end expanded to 2 inch by a local muffler shop to connect to the intercooler. Any body run into this? Can someone point me to a supplier? Searching the internet yields bigger hoses than the ALH uses. Every other hose and bellow I need, I have been able to locate locally. Thank you Mark

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
Something like that could work for the transition. The problem I have is my engine is layed over 50 degrees. What would be the driver's side engine mount is very close to the turbo outlet. I need a flex 90 to bend away from the block. I then have a metal tube with a 45 and then a 90 to get up to the intercooler. I could use a regular silcone 90 off the turbo, and then weld in the reducer once I am pointed away from the block. I have seen some reducer/enlarger silcone 90's, just not for a small application like the TDI. The outlet might be 1 3/8ths. I may be using the rubber hose and clamps to make up the difference of the 1/8th inch. So to anyone else reading this, I am still looking for a silicone 90 with different sized ends. Thank you for the link to the SS reducer. mark

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
Well this site was my last hope. On to plan "B". I can get a conventional 90 degree elbow and then change diameters on the tube as close as I can to the Turbo. I should verify the turbo outlet diameter first. There is a flange to keep the hose from coming off, I need to measure behind it. Thank you for the link to Samco and for the SS reducers. Regards.