Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
41 people so far from the little Who's Registered sidebar. Looking good! :D

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
Registered... somewhat of a bummer that PayPal required me to use the $$$ in my PayPal balance... which was for another purpose. :(

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
cmitchell said:
Registered... somewhat of a bummer that PayPal required me to use the $$$ in my PayPal balance... which was for another purpose. :(
hmmm.. you should have been able to enter in your credit card information, even as a paypal member you should have that option to pay by balance or by card. :confused:

Early Bird Registration has ended. :eek: Early Registration has begun and price has gone up to $35. Late Registration begins August 1! :eek::)

We're up to 48 registrants! keep it up, guys! We're doing awesome! More information is coming in currently and we'll be posting more as it's finalized! Thanks to everyone for their support of TDIClub and TDIFest 2010! :D

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Zippy_car said:
hmmm.. you should have been able to enter in your credit card information, even as a paypal member you should have that option to pay by balance or by card. :confused:

Early Bird Registration has ended. :eek: Early Registration has begun and price has gone up to $35. Late Registration begins August 1! :eek::)

We're up to 48 registrants! keep it up, guys! We're doing awesome! More information is coming in currently and we'll be posting more as it's finalized! Thanks to everyone for their support of TDIClub and TDIFest 2010! :D
Zippy, the paypal thing is kind-of a pain. I didn't have a balance but it wouldn't let me pay without using the credit card that I had linked to my account. I didn't see any way to tell it not to use that and allow me to enter a card number. In the end it was a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
PayPal always seems to be a bit of a pain in the neck. Sadly, it's pretty much the only mainstream option that's available.

Remember, you can always send a check! :cool:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
PayPal always seems to be a bit of a pain in the neck. Sadly, it's pretty much the only mainstream option that's available.

Remember, you can always send a check! :cool:
Agreed. :eek: well said, thank you.
We apologize for the inconvenience that paypal may cause some people, but Lawson's right: sadly there are limited options out there for credit card payments for this sort of thing. i've been doing more research and unfortunately not coming up with many other alternatives, unfortunately papal has the monopoly on popular credit card programs. sorry, guys. :(

rootrider

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 sportwagen
Zippy_car said:
hmm. I see what you're talking about. I'll see what we can do to adjust that. Thanks for noticing.
it may help things to just combine the mk5 & "mk6" wagons, since they're 90% the same car, but that's not up to me ;)

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Zippy_car said:
Agreed. :eek: well said, thank you.
We apologize for the inconvenience that paypal may cause some people, but Lawson's right: sadly there are limited options out there for credit card payments for this sort of thing. i've been doing more research and unfortunately not coming up with many other alternatives, unfortunately papal has the monopoly on popular credit card programs. sorry, guys. :(
Your right, I'm sorry :( if I sounded over critical I didn't mean to be. Again in the grand scheme of things it is only a minor annoyance.

Zippy and team, thanks for the hard work it is not unappreciated!:D

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Fixed (sort of). MkV and MkVI wagons are put into the same listing category for now. This isn't a final listing of the different categories, but will give us an idea of the percentage of differnt types of vehicles to keep the categories competitive.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
TheGrove said:
Your right, I'm sorry :( if I sounded over critical I didn't mean to be. Again in the grand scheme of things it is only a minor annoyance.

Zippy and team, thanks for the hard work it is not unappreciated!:D
no worries, you're not the only one who's had or is having issues with paypal. it's an ongoing battle. :rolleyes:

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hmmm, Registered and Paypal gave me the choice of using my Bank Account attached to my account, my Credit Card or my Paypal Balance. I used my Bank Account without issues and all went through fine :)

Oh, and I registered today and the Registration was still $30, so if you want, I'll bring the extra $5 with me :D

MrVermin

rootrider

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 sportwagen
VW Derf said:
Fixed (sort of). MkV and MkVI wagons are put into the same listing category for now. This isn't a final listing of the different categories, but will give us an idea of the percentage of differnt types of vehicles to keep the categories competitive.
thanks..

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
mrvermin said:
Hmmm, Registered and Paypal gave me the choice of using my Bank Account attached to my account, my Credit Card or my Paypal Balance. I used my Bank Account without issues and all went through fine :)

Oh, and I registered today and the Registration was still $30, so if you want, I'll bring the extra $5 with me :D

MrVermin
odd.. I fixed that on the 17th. hmm.. oh well, it's all set now. no worries about the extra $5, just means you were able to take advantage of the sale price a little longer. lucky duck :) thank you for offering.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Sent my check for the registration, it should have gotten there on Monday 17th, so when do you guys upgrade the registration list, just to find out if my name is already added to the list???

Why do we (men) worry and think way too much about anything,, and women, they just get to it, fix it then they do all the talking,, kind of wonder?

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Waffling?

icecap said:
I've been waffling but took the plunge today hope to see everyone there:) .
That's great!

To anyone else who is still undecided... go ahead and register! I will have a great time! :D

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
My name is already on the list, wow that is fast.

As always it'd be a pleasure to join any TDI festivity in Sept.,, I must say that the committe is doing an awsome job keeping up with all the demands, great job Zippy and the rest.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
MAXRPM said:
As always it'd be a pleasure to join any TDI festivity in Sept.,, I must say that the committe is doing an awsome job keeping up with all the demands, great job Zippy and the rest.
Thank you. The committee is doing an amazing job of trying to bring you the best TDIFest this side of the Rocky Mountains! They're motivated and pushing hard for a lot of things. We hope everyone enjoys what they've got planned for ya! :D

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
C'mon guys we need more members to sign in so we can have a blast at the fest, I only see like 50 members registered so far, I imagine fests are fun (never been to one) and we should all have a blast seeing, talking all about TDI's and meeting all members and putting faces to screen names pluis all the events ,,, only 3 more month to go already wow.

Last edited:

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
tomo366 said:
Good luck with that.......wrong side of the Mississippi........
best side of the Mississippi!

VW's are damn popular in the PDX - twice so for TDI's, they'll be a great showing