New to Forum, 13 SEL

Jeremy_

TDI
13 Passat SEL-P
Just wanted to say hello, and thank you for the info on this forum. I lurked around here for a bit as guest before I bought the car.

I purchased a 2013 SEL Premium, Tungsten in color. So far I really like the car. I have a couple of issues, some of them could be me. :p

1. The remote start function, kicks my ass. I push the lock button and then push the start button twice like the book says. The lights on the car will flash twice corresponding with the two times I pushed the start button. It starts 2 out of 5 times. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here, all the parameters the books says must be met in order for it to work are good. So I'm at a loss. The range it not very good on the FOB either, maybe a 100ft. I've tried with both of them. Is this the norm? :confused:

2. The center passenger side trim panel that runs from under the dash and then along the center console, wont stay in or up depending on how you want to look at it. I do not see and clearly defined tabs that lock and hold it in place. So I’ll let the dealer fix that one.

3. The wrong fuel nozzle preventer, sucks. But having read the forum and the issues VW blames on the owners, assuming they put gas in the car...I think I will live with it for now. ;)

Any way just wanted to say hello, I tend to read allot and not post much, but looking forward to sharing knowledge on this forum.

Last edited:

Tfinn

TDI
2013 Golf DSG
I recently acquired a 12 SE in Tungsten...nice color. I had the same problem with the trim panels on both sides of console. Dealer replaced both sides. Alleged that he had not seen that before.

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
I recently acquired a 12 SE in Tungsten...nice color. I had the same problem with the trim panels on both sides of console. Dealer replaced both sides. Alleged that he had not seen that before.
funny my 13' has the same issue just the drivers side that I have noticed. probably need to check passenger side.

I han't done anything about it though figured next time I'm at the dealer or when I get my first oil change.

Tfinn

TDI
2013 Golf DSG
When I picked up my car at the dealer there was a 2 inch gap on both sides of the console. I thought that VW did quality control before the cars left the factory??? In my case, both trim parts had to be ordered. Took about a week. The new ones seem fine.

APT

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL
The remote start feature assumes the car is already locked. So, if it is unlocked, you need to lock it, then follow the sequence in the manual. So, Lock twice, Start twice. I have only used it twice in 6 months, but will probably more in the next 6 months. Range sucks, I agree there.