The one year, 0 problem thread

turbo_dse

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001
Hi folks, So here it is, people have a tendency of writting threads when something goes wrong... but what about when everything is fine ?

So if you had your 2009 TDI for a whole year or more (no matter what milleage) and had never experienced any mechanical issue of any kind related to the engine/TDI components or not, please post your experience on this thread.

thank you.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
No mechanical issues after 25k and 16 months on my 09 JSW.

Edit: Feb 1 - cold start or really no start problem. towed to dealer - bad MAF. Dealer (Keffer VW Huntersville) has been top notch.

Last edited:

DoctorDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta Loyal Edition
35K miles. Zero problems...until tonight. My son hit a deer. DOH!

Minor dent in the left fender. Should come right out with a little professional attention.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
DoctorDawg said:
35K miles. Zero problems...until tonight. My son hit a deer. DOH!

Minor dent in the left fender. Should come right out with a little professional attention.
Sorry to hear that Dawg. Glad to hear your sons OK and the car came out with minor damage.

Jnitrofish

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5, 2005.5, and 2006. 5m, 5m, and DSG.
Edit, nvm just noticed the 2009 part. I like the idea should be interesting to see how many we can get on here, I think there are many CBEAs that are good, just the DSG tranny that makes me wonder, and the occasional off steering wheel, bad wheel bearing, and dragging rear brakes and.... :p

Last edited:

Jedi Wagen

TDI
2009 JSW DSG
Run's like a champ after 12K and 8 months. Other than the standard family cosmetic damage abuse (see one of my threads), all is perfect.

The stereo system however has given me a lot of trouble......no, wait - it just sucks, hence my big upgrade in progre$$

chops_555

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI 6spd manual Build date: 09/08
14 months and 38k on the clock. No problems at all mechanical. A few interior problems fixed in the first 1k but no problems with anything mechanical at all.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Hope 06s apply. Was at about 30K miles at 1 year with zero problems.

However, at about 2 1/2 years and 50K miles did replace the completely lame POS but still "within specs" DMF clutch with a SMF clutch. Made an O.K to drive car a joy to drive car.

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
I'm at the 11 month point and 17,600 miles and not had a single engine/transmission problem.

My car had a broken rear center seat belt guide that I had replaced but that's the only time my car has been back to the dealership.

This spring I'll do my 20,000 mile service and check everything out.

EJS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
I'll cheat - I haven't had my car for a year, but it's been on the road for over a year. According to the service history it's had ZERO problems. Since I've had it (few weeks & 1 road trip) I have had a single issue, loose wire on #4............aside from that nothing.

Cold (relative, teens to 30s) start is fine, runs fine (even ran fine with #4 issue). It does doe the weird "over the hill" DSG thing, but nothing horrible.

I posted because it's in the higher end on the odo - 24,000.

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Dad's 09

15 months, 20K miles, 0 problems

DSG transmission 0 problems

bklynkid

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
12 months, 16k miles.

Even my 10K service went without a hitch. Only problem (not TDI/engine related) is that my trunk won't "pop" open anymore. I need to get that resolved next service visit.

Last edited:

Tom Kathleen

TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan TDI
13 months, 10,000 + miles no problems. The local Dealer (Langan VW in Vernon, CT) even got the 1st oil change correct! Great car so far! Tom

CTPZ

TDI
2012 Jetta tdi, auto; 2000 Golf tdi, auto; 1996 passat tdi, manual
new problem kinda serious, not sure how to start a thread

I have a 2000 Golf tdi.
The other day i had trouble passing, then similar trouble climbing a hill.
It is an automatic, but the trans did kick down, the engine did rpm up, but no gain, perhaps a loss on the hill!
Is it the turbo, possibly a mass air flow sensoe (i hope) or can it be the Fuel Injector Pump, which has been squealing lately, and is now sounding more like a bearing going out, louder and more persistent than before (just a descriptive sound metaphor)?
I do not want to take it to a shop without trying to isolate the problem myself.
I appreciate your help and last year, i had no problems with this car, and put probably 40K on it!.
Chris

apaterso

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2009
18 months 26598K miles. No problems of any kind.

Dealer seems to know how to change oil with the correct oil, filters (oil and fuel) at least it would appear so as per the part numbers.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
5 months, 5500 miles, and 0 mechanical problems.

As a matter of fact, the only warranty issues I've had is an off center steering wheel and a malfunctioning switchi inside the sun visor which caused the vanity light to flicker when it was flipped down.

No mechanical problems to speak of though.

Azone

TDI
2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Just over 12 months and 12000 miles. No issues whatsover. Very solid and a lot of fun. Just wish it wouldn't upshift so prematurely on the DSG in "D". No matter though, I drive it in manual mode anyway.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Just over 12 months, 14k miles. Not a problem. DSG behaving well.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
My 2006 was a 3/06 build and never gave me a problem.

Sold it after 4 years and 25k miles of ownership.