MFA Cluster in 99.5 , Yes I did it

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
First I would like to tank you to unpimpZauto for finding out that immo 3 cluster can be rewire on circuit board and it can be use in 99.5 cars:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3185904&postcount=70
I have done first MFA Immo 3 Sprot cluster in 99.5 car.None CAN car with CAN cluster:D.
I had to add wiring and stalk which can be found here how to do it:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=459818
After that you need to go in address 19 and recode it to 00002.
The tricky part was immobilizer light.I had to install coil reader which on 99.5 will be on key tumbler but pins are missing .
Then I had run wires from coir reader to cluster.Then it comes other problem. As you have none immo ECU key want be able to adopt the normal way , so knowing eeprom and addresses in it I had to add manually key.
This part is not easy to explain so I will just say this much about it.

Here is the video I made :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgD8jjqJpW8

Last edited:

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Great video!

I see you did the same thing as I did with the MFA cluster conversion because that is not an euro cluster. and it's diesel.

For the immobilizer, I would simply put a coil behind the cluster and adapt it to a chip and tuck the whole thing away somewhere.

I have an immo2 cluster that i would try to use in my 99.5, but the thing is that I cannot rescale the tachometer for anything. No matter what diesel dump I put into it, it just reads as a gasser.

DJGonzo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 2.0 BHW
Great video!

I see you did the same thing as I did with the MFA cluster conversion because that is not an euro cluster. and it's diesel.

For the immobilizer, I would simply put a coil behind the cluster and adapt it to a chip and tuck the whole thing away somewhere.

I have an immo2 cluster that i would try to use in my 99.5, but the thing is that I cannot rescale the tachometer for anything. No matter what diesel dump I put into it, it just reads as a gasser.
Coding? :confused:
Did you change that?
Thanks to you , you was the one who push me to do this;)
Hahaha thanks.

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I forgot to say that my car had CAN wires in wiring harness of instrument cluster and it was green connector 32A/ 19 and 20 pin and it is orange/ black and orange/ brown wires.
CAN wires needs for reading of MPG.

waspie

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 pkg2!
could i get the eeprom dump for this cluster? please?

also, mention coding CAN gateway to 00002 should turn off the cluster's airbag light (normally=6, 4(airbag)+2(abs)). at least thats why i'm assuming you did that.

Last edited:

waspie

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 pkg2!
what about.... putting the cluster in an immobilizer capable car and adapting the key to the cluster and then taking it back to the 99.5

i'm assuming the "donor" car would need to be readapted but that should be easy.

that should work, right?