worldimpex.com parts site is down since FRI OCT 4.. info?

dynamic

TDI
'03 MKIV
Newbie here, wondering if anyone has information on what's going on at worldimpex.com.

Their website has been down since Friday, their Facebook page no longer shows up and google search shows them as "permanently closed".

P.s. not sure if this is the right forum but seemed more appropriate than other sub-forums (newbie forum).

Thanks.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Isn't the fist to just out of the blue shut down, wont be the last. Eurospecktunning did the same thing, it's crazy how one guy from kerma also worked there too

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I'm local to them and used them a LOT in the past because of the convenience, but they eliminated store pick-up a while back so I've been dealing with https://www.idparts.com ever since.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
End of an era... at least metalmanparts is still around :)
The Impex era actually ended years ago when John left and they sold the business. The new owners lost interest in hosting the GTGs and it's been downhill since then. I used them pretty much exclusively but the end came for me when they stopped allowing store pick-up and went to internet sales and shipping only.

Last edited:

mt_mapper

TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, silver
When I Google them it say "Permanently Closed". Bummer, I used to buy from them fairly often, even though I live in Montana.