What do you think about OBD 11?

brumbar

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Rabbit 2.5L No turbo
I just need to read and clear codes.

https://obdeleven.com

Got a CEL for misfiring old spark plugs, that I didn't change for 120 000 miles, yes I know change interval is 40 000, but was to busy with other things and the car was running good. Now after replacing the plugs, no more misfire, but the CEL won't go off, even after disconecting the battery for 2 hours. So maybe I need some scan tool.

Last edited:

MagnumVW

TDI
2001 Golf TDI 200k
If you buy this $12 bluetooth scanner, you can clear codes using the Torque app on Android or something similar on iOS. I'm not sure if the free version of Torque can clear codes, but the $5 you pay for the full version is worth buying anyway if you do end up needing it to clear the codes.
Bluetooth OBD2 tool

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I like the ELM327 based bluetooth OBD2 adapters as well.

When I'm not data logging or otherwise needing to use the VCDS, the cheap bluetooth adapter is my go-to for diagnosing and monitoring the vehicles that I work with.

As Magnum mentioned, Torque is cheap, and surprisingly useful.

brumbar

Veteran Member
TDI
I've got the adapter....

If you buy this $12 bluetooth scanner, you can clear codes using the Torque app on Android or something similar on iOS. I'm not sure if the free version of Torque can clear codes, but the $5 you pay for the full version is worth buying anyway if you do end up needing it to clear the codes.
Bluetooth OBD2 tool
I ordered the adapter from your link. They are two kinds: One for Android only, connects via Bluetooth and another one for iOS - connects via Wi-Fi.

Received the black adapter today. Downloaded the free app. OBD Car doctor - works great. Cleared the code, "Cylinder No 2 miss firing"

If I need more, I can get the DASH COMMAND for $10.

Thank you guys for your help!

brumbar

Veteran Member
TDI
Adapter

The only problem, adapter does not work on diesel engines. I wish they make something similar for diesel. I still have my 1998 Jetta 1.9 TDI.

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Try one of the different software packages, at least the test version.

Torque (yes, apparently android only) does play nicely with my ALH TDI, just the same as it talks to a friend's Mini Cooper JCW.

What I'm getting at, you might just have software that's playing games, not the adapter.

brumbar

Veteran Member
TDI
Try one of the different software packages, at least the test version.

Torque (yes, apparently android only) does play nicely with my ALH TDI, just the same as it talks to a friend's Mini Cooper JCW.

What I'm getting at, you might just have software that's playing games, not the adapter.
The manufacturer stated that is not working on diesels, but I can try.....

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Most of the ELM 327 OBDII adapters are version 2.x. My 2001 did not talk to my Torque Pro and after much frustration I read where a v1.5 would likely work; it did and still does. You will have to do a bit of searching on flea bay but they are available...
I cannot believe how many choices of what to monitor there are available for less than $15.00 including shipping. Good luck.

I am using an Android phone.

bassic83

TDI
05 Golf TDI
Is there an OBD Bluetooth that will give me live data while driving? Tried a couple of ELM327 compatible ones, no luck. I have an Android phone, Torque Pro, just need to know if there is one that will work with a BEW. Things like water temp, throttle %, engine load, speed, RPMs, nothing fancy. I have a VAGCOM, and use it for codes, etc., but I like having more data than what I get on my cluster. 05 Golf TDI. Thanks

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I have three of them - bought from Amazon or eBay for less than $12 each.
I get live intake temp, coolant temp, engine RPM, among all the other things that Torque can scoop up.
Are you sure you're paired and set up correctly?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Link is dead now, but in 2014, I bought this (title):
"Yongtek ELM 327 Bluetooth Obdii Obd2 Diagnostic Scanner, Elm327 Wireless OBD 2 Scan Tool Check Engine Light CAR Code Reader"
-Amazon

$11.50