View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2007, 02:00   #73
Veteran Member
TDIinRI's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NOT in RI

Originally Posted by wny_pat
I don't know if Canada cares or not. But you will need one if you want to return to the US.
Did you bother to click the link and read it, sir? If you did you will note, that you DO NOT need a passport to COME BACK into the US or GO INTO Canada until JANUARY 2008 AT EARLIEST unless you are travelling BY AIR. ONLY AND ONLY IF you are travelling by AIR do you need a passport effective this past Tuesday (23 January, 2007).

I have repeated myself over and over and over and over. The media also does not help as they are not reporting the full details whilst oversensationalising. Do I recommend having a passport to make life easier, for sure. BUT, IT IS NOT REQURIED!! You simply need proof of citizenship, i.e., a brith certificate.

I have put a LOT of effort into getting the correct info for our members who will be traveling to Canada from the US. Overcomming misinformation in this respect has been QUITE a challenge.

So, I ask, before anyone flipantly posts a comment such as the above, that they PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE verify thrice their info as I have. (Especially if a link from the US Dept. of State with the correct regulation is in the quote box right above their remark!!)

This topic is a particular lament of mine. Sorry if I am comming off as a bit bombastic. However, please realise that much forethough has gone into this, as well as, other concerns on the part of the Fest Planning Committee. We want the club's members to be properly informed with all the correct and relevant information so as to facilitate their travel to Canada. Thank you for your consideration!
Enter random comment here....

Last edited by TDIinRI; January 26th, 2007 at 02:16.
TDIinRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.06398 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.34 Kb. compressed to 15.54 Kb. by saving 1.80 Kb. (10.39%)]