A/C blowing warm/cold air

2012VWTDI

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
Good Morning All,

I have a 2012 TDI Jetta Sportwagen 46K. The symptoms are as follows for the A/C:
1. In traffic warm air
2. Freeway speeds cold air.
3. The pressures are not steady.

After a diagnosis by the dealer they determined the A/C compressor had to be replaced $1500.00. They told me the RCV valve was in the compressor itself and could not be replaced. However there is a pressure valve not sure if replacing that would solve this issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to the forum and VW's in general

Thank you

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
They are lying. RCV has been replaced in my old 2011 JSW and it did work successfully and blows colder than it ever did from factory. Yes I bought the 2011 with 2 miles on clock until nearly 300k miles. They just want more money out of your pocket. Buy the RCV then Go to your trusty shop and have them vacuum the freon and throw out the old RCV then put new RCV and fill up new freon and you are good to go.

Save your money big time, link below:

AC Compressor Control Solenoid Valve Fits Volkswagen Jetta Sanden PXE16 PXE14 1K0820803E - VW GTI, Golf, Passat, Tiguan, Jetta TDI and more - Audi A3 - Control Valve, Compressor Pressure Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WP1QC1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_po1RCbA05H7SP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The sad thing is, Volkswagen now has a TSB specifically stating to replace the RSV, and not the compressor. :rolleyes:

Silly dealers....

The TSB number I have (which is dated 3 years ago...so hardly "new") is 87-16-19 and then they give a number 2044165. Although the dealer should be able to find it easily themselves by your VIN, which covers virtually all the Ax and B platform 4 cyl cars from 2011 onward.

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
What? There are an TSB out there now? Since when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
My CPO '12 Sportwagen is doing the same exact thing - taking it in Saturday to have it looked at along with a few other CPO items. Sometimes it just does not even cool or dehumidify - ended up sitting idling in the parking lot the other morning trying to get some heat to defog the windows because the compressor was not doing anything for it.