P0102 Error code, cant get rid of it!

detroitdieselpower

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2006 Jetta TDi about 6 months ago and since then I’ve driven it about 25K miles. I recently decide to install a subwoofer and amplifier. After doing so, before I could even drive the car out the driveway, the CEL came on! I thought it was no big deal because I took the air cleaner box out (that’s the whole housing of the air filter) and maybe I put it back together wrong. I took it to my mechanic and he pulled the code P0102 MAF Circuit Low Input.... so he said to change the MAF sensor and we did. Once the new MAF (after market) was installed he cleared the code and it was fine until I turned the car completely off and restarted it, it would come right back! So we took it to his friends (another nearby mechanic) who had a hi-tech $4K scanner and it read the same thing but also mentioned G-70?? He noticed that the hose that runs from the turbo charger to the air intake was cracked/leaking oil so he changed that and he cleaned the EGR and exhaust manifold. Still no luck! I'm pretty sure it has to do with the air cleaner box because I took it out and right after that the CEL came on. Today I decided to take a look so I removed the cover and the air filter and noticed that on the left side there is a little lever sort of thing that opens and shuts a hole. Could that be broke? I haven't really noticed any power loss with or with out the MAF plugged in. Pleases help any info would be appreciated. I’ll try to upload some pics soon! Thanks Ed :)

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
It might be worth trying some switch cleaner in the contacts in the plug for the maf.